Lam's Comment Re: Squad for the Catalans game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Lam's Comment Re: Squad for the Catalans game

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:44 pm
Ipinwigan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 pm Not too sure about any optimism for next season, with the lack of positive news from the Club and the rumours of Maty Peet taking over, things only look like they will be a continuation of this abysmal season.
This moaning about Peet made from no factual evidence of anything is old now.

Wigan will appoint the best coach available to them. If its Peet he's earned a chance. We went elsewhere last time and got Lam!
Oh but you forgot edwards etc,etc,etc😀

But yes if it’s Peet then great he has my full support
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Wigan will appoint the best coach available to them. If its Peet he's earned a chance. We went elsewhere last time and got Lam!
What absolute nonsense.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Lam's comments about moving the chess pieces is just laughable.
If he knew anything about moving chess pieces then he'd have done that in rotating his squad when we were playing 8 games in 36 days or so. That he played his younger props leaving Bullock, Clubb and Clark with marginal roles. His flogging of the younger props was utterly dreadful.

When we played HKR we'd played 5 games more than they had yet he still went with his usual squad selection and same tactics of kick long and chase hard. So what chess move did he come up with for that game? As for the Saints game, they played 4 less than us then he put a pack out with 3 x 20 year olds, a 21 year old, a 22 year old plus a 31 year old Farrell. Our front row was average age 21, Saints was 30.
So what was Lam's chess master plan for that match?

Why does he come out with such utter rubbish?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Can't argue with that.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Its funny WF85 - I think if you asked most people who is the best team in SL, they'd likely say Saints, not Catalans. I personally think they've slipped a fair way from last season as is evidenced by them losing more games than Cats.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:41 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wigan will appoint the best coach available to them. If its Peet he's earned a chance. We went elsewhere last time and got Lam!
What absolute nonsense.
Obviously because it's doesn't match your opinion that you back up with selective facts and is just my opinion based on trusting an owner with a record of doing what's best for the club, doing what's best for the club.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:17 pm Its funny WF85 - I think if you asked most people who is the best team in SL, they'd likely say Saints, not Catalans. I personally think they've slipped a fair way from last season as is evidenced by them losing more games than Cats.
I’d agree with you too Saints aren’t the team Holbrook left behind for sure but still very dangerous as for Catalan I think we all expected to implode as has happened before but this time it didn’t happen,it’s some team McNamara has assembled that's for sure
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:33 am
Mike wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:17 pm Its funny WF85 - I think if you asked most people who is the best team in SL, they'd likely say Saints, not Catalans. I personally think they've slipped a fair way from last season as is evidenced by them losing more games than Cats.
I’d agree with you too Saints aren’t the team Holbrook left behind for sure but still very dangerous as for Catalan I think we all expected to implode as has happened before but this time it didn’t happen,it’s some team McNamara has assembled that's for sure
The way some commentators go on about saints is just sickening. Good side, yes, great side, absolutely not, and i will still say that even if they win the GF. All it shows is how poor the competition is currently. In the GF last year, they never looked like scoring a try for 80 mins, but then we all know the rest and all you see is their name on the trophy. They are not even close to the best Saints, Leeds, Bradford or Wigan sides but have chance to win the 3rd GF in a row

as for some of Lam's comments i think at times he talks like he has been smoking something. As has been said on many other threads, the complete lack of a senior prop(s), when he has 4 in the stands has been alarming. That along with some of his rotations in the backs, even though many will accept that we have had some real injury problems in the backs, are still baffling
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:31 pm
As for the Saints game, they played 4 less than us then he put a pack out with 3 x 20 year olds, a 21 year old, a 22 year old plus a 31 year old Farrell. Our front row was average age 21, Saints was 30.
Can't argue with that!
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:31 pm Lam's comments about moving the chess pieces is just laughable.
If he knew anything about moving chess pieces then he'd have done that in rotating his squad when we were playing 8 games in 36 days or so. That he played his younger props leaving Bullock, Clubb and Clark with marginal roles. His flogging of the younger props was utterly dreadful.

When we played HKR we'd played 5 games more than they had yet he still went with his usual squad selection and same tactics of kick long and chase hard. So what chess move did he come up with for that game? As for the Saints game, they played 4 less than us then he put a pack out with 3 x 20 year olds, a 21 year old, a 22 year old plus a 31 year old Farrell. Our front row was average age 21, Saints was 30.
So what was Lam's chess master plan for that match?

Why does he come out with such utter rubbish?
Easy for us armchair warriors to say but we’re not privy to all the details. Clubb has been nursing a neck injury, Clark maybe viewed as not good enough and bullock may have not been fully at the races whilst signing for wire?!? Who knows but Lam will have had far more insight than us.