Edwards Again

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
DaveO

Re: Edwards Again

Post by DaveO »

Where is the link to the story?

Like I said elsewhere him or any coach bringing in one or two trusted assistants doesn’t require Wigan to fire the entire backroom staff. It doesn’t require them to fire anyone at all so Rads and IL talking of doing so, it’s BS.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:46 pm Where is the link to the story?

Like I said elsewhere him or any coach bringing in one or two trusted assistants doesn’t require Wigan to fire the entire backroom staff. It doesn’t require them to fire anyone at all so Rads and IL talking of doing so, it’s BS.
I’ve already asked the OP the same question!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:36 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:58 pm This was avoidable. Discussions should have taken place between IFL and Giz before an announcement was made. If IFL was unwilling to meet Edwards’ request then it should have been made clear at the beginning in order to avoid this unfortunate situation.
Well it depends which of Edwards or KR is telling the truth.
I can tell you that Giz requested his own back room staff now, if IFL and KR wouldn’t sanction his request then they should have told him so and moved onto another coach.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:35 pm
pearsy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:14 am Edwards blaming Wigan for him not comming.Hes saying they would not let him bring in the back room staff he wanted to you believe
Where has this come from …….. again? Please post the link!
It’s an article on Total Rugby League. Sorry I can’t post it.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

Personally i believe Edwards and agree with what he says.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

blindsideprop wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:13 am Personally i believe Edwards and agree with what he says.
I don't.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jobo

Post by jobo »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:37 am
blindsideprop wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:13 am Personally i believe Edwards and agree with what he says.
I don't.
Neither do I.

Pure conjecture on my part but I'd say Edwards had a re-think when a better offer came in.

The irony is, that if IL had kept quiet about it, which he is often accused of doing too much, the fall out from this saga, would have been much less vitriolic.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Why would Edwards accept a verbal contract before the discussion on backroom staff had taken place?

If that's a key criteria for him, then you surely don't verbally accept a contract and do a press conference until that is agreed?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:08 am Why would Edwards accept a verbal contract before the discussion on backroom staff had taken place?

If that's a key criteria for him, then you surely don't verbally accept a contract and do a press conference until that is agreed?
The discussions had taken place and it was agreed he could shape his own team of coaches.

Wigan then didn't do anything about it.

Believe Edwards on this. The "blame" is with IL 100%