Young Player of the Season...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Young Player of the Season...

Post by robjoenz »

Well done Gareth Hock!

Jamie Peacock got Man Of Steel, what are people views on this. Was I being too biased hoping for Smithy to get it? Although, non-biased, I thought Moran had a good season.

Ref of season was Karl Kirkpatrick, does that mean he gets the GF instead of the bent Scouser (who came second)?

Coach of the season was Brian Noble, with Gregory coming fourth. Come on Super League guys that wasn't much of a choice, he's been praised and booed by his own fans this season and probably only got it for winning the minor premiership, why not give it to someone like Cullen who did a great job this season with Warrington with a much weaker (on paper) squad?

Vainakola got opta yards of the season with summut like 3770. Forget who won teh most busts, but think it was a Widnes guy.

Anyway, to the GF now and the title of Super League Champions 2003!

COME ON THE WARRIORS!!!
Warriors_ace_17

Re: Young Player of the Season...

Post by Warriors_ace_17 »

In my view i think it should have been:

Man of Steal- Craig Smith

Coach of the Year- Paul Cullen

Young Player of the Year- Luke Robinson/ Danny McGuire

But i still think that Jamie Peacock is a good choice and worther of it, and so is Hock for the young player of the year, BUT Noble for coach of the year, how is that, he's done well with a good team, Cullen has taken a team from the brink of relegation to the play offs, and they didnt go out without a fight there to!!!!

2004 YEAR OF THE WARRIORS (hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
redhead

Re: Young Player of the Se...

Post by redhead »

yeah Cullen would have got my vote hes done so well with the wires... but well in for Gareth thats great and well deserved although there have been some brill young ones this season must have been a hard one to pick
the little walnut
wigan_babe_13

Post by wigan_babe_13 »

I would have gone for;

Man of Steel: Craig Smith

Young Player: Danny McGuire

Coach: Tony Smith (Huddersfield)

Player of the Year: Brian Carney
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

player of the year -appo

man of steel - craig smith

coach - cullen

young player - rob burrow
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Emma Farrell

Post by Emma Farrell »

i would have gon for

Man of steel: craig smith

Young player: gaz hock

coach: mike gregory

player of the year: brian carney

lol im well biased me COME ON WIGANNNNN!!!!!
wigan4eva

Post by wigan4eva »

i Think Gareth hock deserves the young player award , although some would of said robbo n macguire deserve it they havent really played all season, From what i can remember neway, gaz hock has been very consistent and hasnt really had a bad performance, brian noble doesnt deserve the coach of the year at all, i think paul cullen should of got that, cant comment on jamie peacock cos i havent really watched him play to be honest but if he wasnt to get it i think smith would of got it, hes had a superb season and in the past 2 months he has really impressed me
warriors

Post by warriors »

man of steel:Craig Smith

Young player:Gaz Hock

Player Of The Year: Brain Carney
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

wigan4eva posted:
i Think Gareth hock deserves the young player award , although some would of said robbo n macguire deserve it they havent really played all season, From what i can remember neway, gaz hock has been very consistent and hasnt really had a bad performance, brian noble doesnt deserve the coach of the year at all, i think paul cullen should of got that, cant comment on jamie peacock cos i havent really watched him play to be honest but if he wasnt to get it i think smith would of got it, hes had a superb season and in the past 2 months he has really impressed me
Smithy wasn't even in the top four (unbelievably), I think Appo was second, and he did have a good season.

But yeah Smithy is made of something stronger than Steel
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I think Moran had a very good season for London but well done to Gareth, he's been great all season and does deserve it although at the same time its a shame robinson couldnt have got it. Maybe they could share it...
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!