This season frustrated / worrying/ angry/ frightened

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

This season frustrated / worrying/ angry/ frightened

Post by ddtftf »

I have watched Wigan for 60 yrs and i can honestly say i have never in my life wanted a season to end as much as i do now . I am for once in my life frightened for the future of the club like a beggar rummaging through bins for any cheap player & i have to call IL out for the lack ambition with a once great club I can see Wigan going the way of Bradford or Widnes as there is no way out of this position at the moment and i respectfully ask IL to stand down and let someone else take over as the future looks Dire in his hands . The club is bigger than his pride so be a gentleman and let another person take the club forward PLEASE !!!!!!!!!
stevo38

Re: This season frustrated / worrying/ angry/ frightened

Post by stevo38 »

i think the lack of communication with fans plays a big part ,and there overall blinkered approach to bad coaching and management thinking we will put up with it
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Perhaps if the armchair bar stool fans got off their backsides and attended games then Ian Lenagan wouldn't have to put millions of £s into the club.
Lumbernator

Post by Lumbernator »

Last time I checked it was entertainment business and That is not what's happening, why should anyone pay to go watch that dross. This business about putting his millions in wouldn't change anything, we spend the cap every year. It's the poor signings and distribution of the cap thats the problem, the signings they make won't get the majority wanting to pay and go watch a bunch of championship standard players. We seem to spend this cap each year with more players leaving than coming in and they say the money goes on salery upgrades but to be honest they don't deserve a pay rise after that rubbish they chucked out this season, should be peeformance related pay.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

when wigan had there purple patch late 80s early 90s they pulling in massive crowds .you will pay for entertaining competitive games .we ve been below average for a long time now and no sighns of getting better .if you went to your fav restaurant that you d frequented for a long time would you still go if suddenly was constantly bad ?
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:22 pm I have watched Wigan for 60 yrs and i can honestly say i have never in my life wanted a season to end as much as i do now . I am for once in my life frightened for the future of the club like a beggar rummaging through bins for any cheap player & i have to call IL out for the lack ambition with a once great club I can see Wigan going the way of Bradford or Widnes as there is no way out of this position at the moment and i respectfully ask IL to stand down and let someone else take over as the future looks Dire in his hands . The club is bigger than his pride so be a gentleman and let another person take the club forward PLEASE !!!!!!!!!
Best post i have seen for a long time,IL is ruining this great club and not only are we unable to attract new fans,we are losing fans like myself who has supported Wigan like yourself for 60 years plus.I personally will not pay to watch this rubbish being served up,or watch second rate players that we continue to sign.We are a joke to fans of other clubs and quite rightly so.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:51 pm Perhaps if the armchair bar stool fans got off their backsides and attended games then Ian Lenagan wouldn't have to put millions of £s into the club.
Chicken and egg scenario.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

blindsideprop wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:21 pm
ddtftf wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:22 pm I have watched Wigan for 60 yrs and i can honestly say i have never in my life wanted a season to end as much as i do now . I am for once in my life frightened for the future of the club like a beggar rummaging through bins for any cheap player & i have to call IL out for the lack ambition with a once great club I can see Wigan going the way of Bradford or Widnes as there is no way out of this position at the moment and i respectfully ask IL to stand down and let someone else take over as the future looks Dire in his hands . The club is bigger than his pride so be a gentleman and let another person take the club forward PLEASE !!!!!!!!!
Best post i have seen for a long time,IL is ruining this great club and not only are we unable to attract new fans,we are losing fans like myself who has supported Wigan like yourself for 60 years plus.I personally will not pay to watch this rubbish being served up,or watch second rate players that we continue to sign.We are a joke to fans of other clubs and quite rightly so.
To both of you, open your piggy banks and put a bid in to buy the club. Seriously if Wigan were for sale (or any other RL club for that matter) do you think there would be a queue of buyers?

It's been a poor season, yes, but sport is cyclical. Look what happened at Leeds, look what happened at Saints. Saints are now top dogs but they have something like eight players over the age of thirty and have recently given contract extensions to three of those.

As I said get off your arrisses, get to the games and put your money where your moth is.
btw I've had a season ticket since the 1950's, originally on the ringside at Central Park.

Just out of curiosity, how many games have you actually been to this season?
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Here here i am a regular supporter of over 50 years and i am so disillusioned and frustrated in the way the club is heading ,

I will always be a supporter but probably not a paying one on a regular due to the rubbish being served up and the denial by the Management of the Club

IL and KR should hang their heads in shame. for putting the Club in this state and more worryingly using all the salary cap on this squad.

In the Fans Forum KR spoke about humanity in some of his decisions thats all well and good but professional sport is a ruthless business which i dont think hes upto. Even the the last season some of the squad were running up Haigh Hall in the snow and cold whilst others were sat on a beach on the other side of the world, how can that be right and good for team spirit.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Who would replace him?

I don't see anyone lining up to purchase a RL club, I'm still of the opinion our billionaire shareholder was to do with the stadium and not the club.

Only person even hinting is Dr K and its all hot air as I think was it both Hull Kr.and Wakefield that where looking for new owners?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.