New signings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: New signings

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Powell still has a year left on his contract doesn't he?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

stevo38 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:06 pm i read last week powell still not signed new contract
Guarantee he gets a new contract. The club sees something in him that NO ONE else does
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:59 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:50 pm
DaveO wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:30 pm It's still a rumour TL will carry on so I am hoping it doesn't happen but if it doesn't I am not sure where a replacement half back is coming from.

I just don't get the thought processes that IL and Rads go through that results in them signing players like Thornley, failing to recognise Powell isn't good enough and if TL plays on, why they think this is a good idea.

Is it really just because they are incapable of scouting better players? Or is it given the club pays to the cap limit have they screwed up the cap finances that these are all the club can afford? Rads is a former player and should know what he sees isn't good enough so what is going on?
Its the jobs for the boys though isnt it and Powells one of the boys - he wont get another hooker in because he knows pretty much any hooker you bring in is a step up on Powell and effectively puts one of the boys out of a job
Jobs for boys :lol: say it enough and it....
Will still be an opinion and not based of any factual evidence.

I am curious how many of the backroom staff are ex players who have gone straight to the backroom and haven't had experience elsewhere.

It's also amusing how it's jobs for boys but it was a shame we didn't get Edwards because he would have broke that... despite being an ex wigan player.
Ok Backroom staff of Wigan as listed on their Website

Kris Radlinksi - never worked for another club

John Winder - Wigan Warriors development manager promoted to junior assistant coach in 2014 He is now assistant coach

Matt Peet - 10 years at the club various positions briefly left for Sale in 2018 returning 2019

Sean O'loughlin -never been at any other club finished playing last year is now assistant coach for the first team.

Ian Bently - He started as an intern at Wigan 10 years at the club Now working full-time as head of performance

Tom Fitzpatrick - has been at Wigan for over eight years. He spent six years working with the Club’s Academy system before moving to the first team in 2018

Daniel Blundell - not much on him on the site but a look at his linkedin shows he has 2 years of working experience in 2018 he was a Unpaid intern at Cas Tigers - in 2020 we made him head of analysis

Darren Marsh - Been around a few clubs to be fair

Darrell Goulding - went straight from player into the coaching set up

Jack Stopford -8 years at wigan seems to be the entirety of his sporting career at wigan several promotions

So thats the main ones we are led to believe Tommy L will walk into a coaching position when he decides too - Willie Isa, Sam Powell are both part of the scholarship coaching se up so no doubt have ear marked roles.

Im not saying that you cant or shouldnt promote from within but you need a balance you will find it very hard to get new ideas from the same people
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Someone mentioned the 6,7 and 9 combo as being the worst in the League and for what its worth so do i but we can we also add in 13 as well because we arent sure whos going to play there and none of the potential 13s fill me with any confidence for us to play decent rugby.

The pure lack of any dynamism in that quartet looks really worrying. at the moment.

TL potentially going around again is for me a major mistake by Management however we know how poor they are with recruitment and retention.

How we van attract supporters with all this going is going to be a massive challenge to the Club
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Wigan Job Club leads to WWRLFC. Employ people no other sensible people will. We should get government funding.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Comments made by myself this evening are all made after copious amounts of good ale.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:21 pm Powell still has a year left on his contract doesn't he?
No, he is out of contract. Unless he has signed a new one.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:41 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:21 pm Powell still has a year left on his contract doesn't he?
https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league ... am-powell/

Zero tackle seem to think he's contracted for the 2022 season
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Powell, Bibby & Isa all signed new deals weeks ago
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:00 am
Powell, Bibby & Isa all signed new deals weeks ago
Thanks Dan.