Edwards Again

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: Edwards Again

Post by moto748 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:49 pm If IFL could not adhere to Edwards request then he had no right to announce him as the next coach.
It's hard to argue with that.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:01 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:49 pm If IFL could not adhere to Edwards request then he had no right to announce him as the next coach.
Agreed
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Had IFL done so then we would not have found ourselves in the mess we now find ourselves in! I am convinced that under the tutelage of Edwards we would have been OT bound. It is a simple game which we are making bloody hard!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

From the way this post is going it sounds like everyone knows for a fact:

1 - IL knew about Edwards back room staff demands up front?

2 - IL told Edwards he would meet this demand / didn’t disagree to it

3 - IL then went back on his word

Even if the above is true, why did Edwards go completely silent at one stage?

Some people on here are stuck in the 80/90s. Edwards can do no wrong and he would have changed this club around.

It was a gamble at the end of the day because of his lack of RL experience. Serial winner throughout his playing career and on international stage of Union, but it’s a different sport and a gamble. If you cannot say it was a gamble, you’re literally deluded and making stuff up just to suit.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Only if you believe Edwards
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:

Well given IL says Edwards wanted to bring in his own backroom team (and that the club won’t allow a coach to do that) unless you think IL is also not to be believed the point made by Chariots stands doesn’t it?
jobo

Post by jobo »

DaveO wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:51 pm
Caboosegg wrote:

Well given IL says Edwards wanted to bring in his own backroom team (and that the club won’t allow a coach to do that) unless you think IL is also not to be believed the point made by Chariots stands doesn’t it?
When they shook on the deal, did Edwards stipulate that he wanted his own backroom staff?

As far as I can gather, backroom staff only became an issue after Edwards began to get cold feet.

As for IL lying, I personally think that's as daft as most other conspiracy theorys.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

The one person who has clearly been a self-publicist throughout this saga has been Edwards.

My guess is that his heart wanted to be Wigan coach, but he started having doubts as he got better offers.

The one person I'd believe, despite having doubts about his competence for the job, is Radlinski.

Fwiw I think Edwards would have been a successful coach in RL, but I don't believe a word he says and am glad he backed out.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:05 pm The one person who has clearly been a self-publicist throughout this saga has been Edwards.

My guess is that his heart wanted to be Wigan coach, but he started having doubts as he got better offers.

The one person I'd believe, despite having doubts about his competence for the job, is Radlinski.

Fwiw I think Edwards would have been a successful coach in RL, but I don't believe a word he says and am glad he backed out.
isort of believe all you say morley, but on the other hand i sortof dont wanna believe a word if that makes sense?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

After turning us down he went into negotiations with Wasps.
He turned down Wasps and opening talks with Wales RFU.
Walked away from Wales RFU and signed a deal with France RFU.

Has Edwards discussed the whys and wherefores of the discussions with Wasps & Wales?
I've not heard of any.
So why all this about Wigan?
Does he think all this tittle tattle will make him better thought of?