Sts v Leeds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Sts v Leeds

Post by fozzieskem »

Quite why Kendall had to send the Briscoe try up is beyond me
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

fozzieskem wrote:Quite why Kendall had to send the Briscoe try up is beyond me
Just said the same thing. [emoji52]

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I for one is glad it’s a saints and cats final. The two best and most consistent teams in the league.
I cant wait to watch them next weekend
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

I hate to say it but this Saints side are so good,i fear for Cats in the final but i hope i am wrong.How do you stop Walmesley,control Roby And keep Coote quiet.Makinson and Grace probably the best wingers in SL and Percival the best centre.But to be fair they are ahead of us in recruitment and their younger players seem to fulfill theor potential.I have never felt so disappointed in our club and the direction we are going in.
DaveO

Sts v Leeds

Post by DaveO »

There is one player who has Roby’s number and that is Micky Mac. He can keep him quiet.

The player I’d want out of those mentioned is Percival.

Their tougher players fulfil their potential because they don’t pack the first team with them and promote far fewer than we do. Their young players play alongside established players. Wigan have lost the plot with that.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Saints nailed on to win it.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

All 4 semi-finalists in a different class to Wigan - we have a lot of catching up to do.

Talking of stinking, I vote Kendall - what has happened to him?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Saints are not a great side but they do the basics well. No Tomkins no chance for Les Cats.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

blindsideprop wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:21 pm I hate to say it but this Saints side are so good,i fear for Cats in the final but i hope i am wrong.How do you stop Walmesley,control Roby And keep Coote quiet.Makinson and Grace probably the best wingers in SL and Percival the best centre.But to be fair they are ahead of us in recruitment and their younger players seem to fulfill theor potential.I have never felt so disappointed in our club and the direction we are going in.
People on this forum would still say:
Hardaker better than Coote
Our wingers better than theirs
Gildart better than Percival
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

DaveO wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:04 am There is one player who has Roby’s number and that is Micky Mac. He can keep him quiet.

The player I’d want out of those mentioned is Percival.

Their tougher players fulfil their potential because they don’t pack the first team with them and promote far fewer than we do. Their young players play alongside established players. Wigan have lost the plot with that.
Does he really?

I do accept Roby had some quiet games against us when MM played but how long ago was that?

And given hookers don’t really directly compete against each other (like fullbacks) the way props or opposite wingers do, it’s an irrelevant comparison.

No sane person would choose MM over Roby.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."