Salary Cap

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Salary Cap

Post by Dan2266 »

We’ve broke it this season.

All good though, IL has managed to have it swept under the carpet. The breach is in relation to “reserve grade” players making the first team. Its the usual “administration error” I understand the breach was as little as £3,000 over the limit.

2 other Super League clubs are under investigation. Wigan will face no further sanctions.

We have got away with it because we only claimed 1 Marquee player. If we had claimed 2 we would of been well well under the limit. So a admin error has been accepted as a genuine reason
Barney841

Re: Salary Cap

Post by Barney841 »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:00 am We’ve broke it this season.

All good though, IL has managed to have it swept under the carpet. The breach is in relation to “reserve grade” players making the first team. Its the usual “administration error” I understand the breach was as little as £3,000 over the limit.

2 other Super League clubs are under investigation. Wigan will face no further sanctions.

We have got away with it because we only claimed 1 Marquee player. If we had claimed 2 we would of been well well under the limit. So a admin error has been accepted as a genuine reason
Is that just from this season?
S_Riley

Post by S_Riley »

Are Warrington one of the other clubs? :lol:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Time to bin the cap and let the cards land where they may
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

With the players we’ve got, I think we could be handling the cap abit better
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Would French even count onnthe cap this year?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

I was told yesterday evening that Wane is green lit to take full charge for one season at Wigan with longer term replacement coming for 2023. Club seem to think bringing Shaun back as head coach will please the fans more than a Matty Peet appointment? Looking to bring in Sarg & spoken/speaking to Luke Gale. TL to go round again only if a Gale deal can't be done. Field and French both expressed desire to go home/stay in Aus and have permission from club to stay in Australia if they can find clubs/employment but are welcome back at Wigan if not. Hardacre has stressed the travelling is too much and is shopping around every Yorkshire SL club but no interest at all, don't be surprised at all if you see him at York for a year! General consensus from the club is that the squad as it is will go ok for next year and Wane will bring out better performances from individuals.

Until Field/French make decisions, we can't sign anyone else, which makes sense as to why we have missed out on certain OOC players in the last few months.

Sarge/Hanley FB, Marshall/Miski WING, Thornley/Hankinson CENTRES, Gale/Smith HALVES, Powell/O'Neill HOOKERS. Not sure what to make of it but I am fully led to believe that is the best we can achieve.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

irl_warr wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:35 am I was told yesterday evening that Wane is green lit to take full charge for one season at Wigan with longer term replacement coming for 2023. Club seem to think bringing Shaun back as head coach will please the fans more than a Matty Peet appointment? Looking to bring in Sarg & spoken/speaking to Luke Gale. TL to go round again only if a Gale deal can't be done. Field and French both expressed desire to go home/stay in Aus and have permission from club to stay in Australia if they can find clubs/employment but are welcome back at Wigan if not. Hardacre has stressed the travelling is too much and is shopping around every Yorkshire SL club but no interest at all, don't be surprised at all if you see him at York for a year! General consensus from the club is that the squad as it is will go ok for next year and Wane will bring out better performances from individuals.

Until Field/French make decisions, we can't sign anyone else, which makes sense as to why we have missed out on certain OOC players in the last few months.

Sarge/Hanley FB, Marshall/Miski WING, Thornley/Hankinson CENTRES, Gale/Smith HALVES, Powell/O'Neill HOOKERS. Not sure what to make of it but I am fully led to believe that is the best we can achieve.
So what your saying is next season is f**ked already before it’s even started?
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:39 am
irl_warr wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:35 am I was told yesterday evening that Wane is green lit to take full charge for one season at Wigan with longer term replacement coming for 2023. Club seem to think bringing Shaun back as head coach will please the fans more than a Matty Peet appointment? Looking to bring in Sarg & spoken/speaking to Luke Gale. TL to go round again only if a Gale deal can't be done. Field and French both expressed desire to go home/stay in Aus and have permission from club to stay in Australia if they can find clubs/employment but are welcome back at Wigan if not. Hardacre has stressed the travelling is too much and is shopping around every Yorkshire SL club but no interest at all, don't be surprised at all if you see him at York for a year! General consensus from the club is that the squad as it is will go ok for next year and Wane will bring out better performances from individuals.

No. The club believe Wane can raise the level and current performances don't match the ability of the squad.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

irl_warr wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:44 am
Barney841 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:39 am

No. The club believe Wane can raise the level and current performances don't match the ability of the squad.
Yeah it’s f**ked