Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Gerrumonside

Re: Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Post by Gerrumonside »

Think he’d go well at Wigan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Gerrumonside wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:56 pm Think he’d go well at Wigan
+1

Sign him anyway and he can do the driving for Zak!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... dium=email

So looks like he’s staying after all,truth is he’s p1ssed on his chips with Yorkshire clubs and perhaps now it’ll refocus how much of a chance Wigan took on him,you’ll find no bigger fan of Hardakers than me but bleating about travel,when millions do it daily was mind boggling.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

IF that's the end of it hopefully he doesn't sulk. Personally I still think we may not have heard the last of this.

The sooner the rumours around Bevan/Field are clarified as well the better.

I've heard nothing to suggest Field & French wont be here next season.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:56 am IF that's the end of it hopefully he doesn't sulk. Personally I still think we may not have heard the last of this.

Hardakers form slowly dipped towards the end of the season, culminating in a very poor performance against Leeds. If that's the Zak we have to look forward to next season I really don't have any interest in him being at Wigan.

On form he is one of super leagues premier full backs, but when his head isn't in the game, he may as well not be on the pitch.

Also worth noting, we could well have 2 very good fullbacks next season in French and Hardaker but it would seem both will only be here for a season. I'm really not a fan of hanging on to someone for a definitive limited amount of time. Yes, players come and go, but, especially players you would consider key players, should be the cornerstone of your team over the long term or at least have a definitive replacement lined up either in the club or as a target. I can see us losing both Hardaker and French and then scrambling to get a second rate fullback for 2023
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:56 am IF that's the end of it hopefully he doesn't sulk. Personally I still think we may not have heard the last of this.

I saw nothing to suggest Field will be any great shakes but I've been wrong before as for Zac it does seem if he wants to carry on playing it'll be this side of the pennines but we shall see as you say
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’m surprised Warrington haven’t put in a cheeky off for Zak.
They seem to have a bottomless pit of money and no SC, so they sign nearly any player they fancy
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

So he's moved to pontefract so then the only club he should be interested in is Castleford as traveling to Leeds and Wakefield will be just as bad at rush hour.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:22 pm So he's moved to pontefract so then the only club he should be interested in is Castleford as traveling to Leeds and Wakefield will be just as bad at rush hour.
be interesting if Featherstone come up..
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:22 pm So he's moved to pontefract so then the only club he should be interested in is Castleford as traveling to Leeds and Wakefield will be just as bad at rush hour.
Are you serious?

65 miles to Wigan vs 16 and 12 miles to Leeds and Wakefield…

Don’t make stuff up to suite your narrative.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."