Tommy going round again 2022

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Tommy going round again 2022

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I’m not trying to stop anyone buying a season ticket you do what you want with your money - but if you treat it like anything other than being mugged off by the club and the idiot radlinski then you’re kidding yourself

Players in the positions we need to fix have been available we know this because the signings are rolling in for other clubs - I’ve seen at least 2 nrl hookers signed in the past week or so

The club is doing nothing more than gaslighting it’s fans I’ve poured hundreds of ££ in the club over the years in Merch ans tickets etc and they treat the fan base with utter distain

Tommy is shot has been for 2 seasons and was never the greatest as his best and they act like we should be excited he’s wheeling his zimmer out another year while we have treacle feet powell slowly plodding along and signing a never was centre to replace an international while our best prop is let go and we are going to end up with the coach we wanted to improve our entertainment value from 3 years ago after putting up with the shit show of a year this year from the most inept coach I have literally ever seen
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:46 pm I’m not trying to stop anyone buying a season ticket you do what you want with your money - but if you treat it like anything other than being mugged off by the club and the idiot radlinski then you’re kidding yourself

Players in the positions we need to fix have been available we know this because the signings are rolling in for other clubs - I’ve seen at least 2 nrl hookers signed in the past week or so

The club is doing nothing more than gaslighting it’s fans I’ve poured hundreds of ££ in the club over the years in Merch ans tickets etc and they treat the fan base with utter distain

Tommy is shot has been for 2 seasons and was never the greatest as his best and they act like we should be excited he’s wheeling his zimmer out another year while we have treacle feet powell slowly plodding along and signing a never was centre to replace an international while our best prop is let go and we are going to end up with the coach we wanted to improve our entertainment value from 3 years ago after putting up with the shit show of a year this year from the most inept coach I have literally ever seen
You are entitled to your opinion but to pontificate & insinuate that people are mugs is very insulting. I too have spent thousands of pounds over the years & don’t feel I’m treated with disdain at all by any member of the staff that are employed by Wigan Warriors.

I support Wigan Warriors not just to watch the senior team & hopefully for trophies but especially for the academy team as I’ve done for years.

We weren’t allowed for the majority of the season to attend academy games, only family allowed, so I missed a lot of watching, hopefully, the future stars of tomorrow. Can’t wait for next season.

Unfortunately this season has been a non event, except for the two teams in the GF on Saturday, I will be supporting Catalans, mainly because four of their players I’ve watched from their academy days & earlier in the case of the two Tomkins & Davies.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I was also wondering if Tommy might be worth having a crack at 9 next season?

For me, Smith isn't ready to take us around the park and Tommy sadly is too old and if injured again during next season, it will prove to be a costly re-signing.

I personally don't think he cuts it a 7 anymore, hooker or interchange for me.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Not that it would improve our attack, but if we aren’t signing another half back, is there an option to move Powell back into the halves and have Tommy and O’Neill share the hooking duties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ManxWarrior wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:27 pm Not that it would improve our attack, but if we aren’t signing another half back, is there an option to move Powell back into the halves and have Tommy and O’Neill share the hooking duties?
That's like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

Powell's lack of pace and poor distribution would probably be even more exposed at half back where he would not be expected to deploy his main attribute of tackling so much. You don't really want a half back who tackles himself to a standstill but one with pace and attacking skills.

As to TL going around again, this announcement also means no more overseas recruits as our quota is full.

Radlinski being given a job after he stopped playing has been the worst thing to happen to this club I can remember.

It's even worse than Millward because as we know Millward was sacked and so was a temporary aberration. Radlinski has a job for life.

I am starting to think he's trolling the fans with the stupid comments on players like Clubb being one of the best signings of the decade, Clark being devastating and now saying legends choose when to retire. He just spouts hyperbole. Maybe he's just not very bright.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:30 pm
ManxWarrior wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:27 pm Not that it would improve our attack, but if we aren’t signing another half back, is there an option to move Powell back into the halves and have Tommy and O’Neill share the hooking duties?
That's like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

Powell's lack of pace and poor distribution would probably be even more exposed at half back where he would not be expected to deploy his main attribute of tackling so much. You don't really want a half back who tackles himself to a standstill but one with pace and attacking skills.

As to TL going around again, this announcement also means no more overseas recruits as our quota is full.

Radlinski being given a job after he stopped playing has been the worst thing to happen to this club I can remember.

It's even worse than Millward because as we know Millward was sacked and so was a temporary aberration. Radlinski has a job for life.

I am starting to think he's trolling the fans with the stupid comments on players like Clubb being one of the best signings of the decade, Clark being devastating and now saying legends choose when to retire. He just spouts hyperbole. Maybe he's just not very bright.
The quota is more than full we still need to move on one of our none quota players, I suspect that will be Clark.
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

I can,t say that is the most sensible post I have read on here.Now move Powell to another club is probably a better idea.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

blindsideprop wrote:

I can,t say that is the most sensible post I have read on here.Now move Powell to another club is probably a better idea.
Only a suggestion based on the current squad limitations. Tommy was an Intl hooker, a good half back, but not great and Powell who started out as a half back has never excelled as hooker so it could be a consideration to switch them.

In an ideal world, both would no longer be playing for us and replaced with better options.