Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Firestarter

Re: Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Post by Firestarter »

Is it just me or does this sound very very dodgy?……tell theboy to knuckle down or do one
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:01 pm Is it just me or does this sound very very dodgy?……tell theboy to knuckle down or do one
I'm not sure there has been one single player that has not been expected to move to Wigan or surrounding area over the last 30 years or so once signed. Hardaker stating he is going to commute means (IMO) that he will leave.

We had Danny Brough all signed done deal a number of years ago but for his refusal to move - Deal off
Back by demand.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I would think it would be easier for parents/in-laws to travel to give support to his partner on a regular basis than Zak having to do the commute! Get him in rented accommodation in Wigan area until he leaves.

Bateman lives in Bolton/Horwich I think it is or the surrounding area.

Clark lives in Hindley Green (Well it’s just over the border in Leigh) 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Why Zak Hardaker was banned from discussing a Super League move to Hull FC or Hull KR

The Wigan Warriors star has been seeking a move closer to home, but was told he couldn't discuss terms with either Hull club.

Zak Hardaker was told he could not pursue a move to either Hull FC or Hull KR as part of Wigan's agreement to let him speak to clubs.

The former Man of Steel looks set to stay at the DW Stadium next season after being unable to finalise a deal before a deadline that was imposed by the Warriors last week.

Rugby League Live revealed that Hardaker's representatives were informed that they could pursue a move closer to home for the 29-year-old last week, after his family relocated back to West Yorkshire. Hardaker had asked the club if he could seek a move nearer to his home after a change in personal circumstances. However, the club also added that a resolution must be found by the end of the week.

In a further development, Rugby League Live has now learned that Hardaker was banned from speaking to either Hull FC or Hull KR as part of the agreement put in place by the club.

That was due to the geographical location of the city, with Wigan stating that Hardaker would still have to undergo an extensive commute if he were to join either the Black and Whites or the Robins.

Hardaker is thought to live in the Pontefract region, which is roughly 47 miles from Hull. Wigan is around 67 miles.

It means Hardaker was told he could only speak to clubs in West Yorkshire, such as former clubs Castleford Tigers and Leeds Rhinos, Wakefield Trinity and Huddersfield Giants. Another of Hardaker's former clubs, Featherstone Rovers, also fell into that category.

The situation is thought to have disappointed the England and Great Britain international, who was hopeful of securing a club located closer to home. His reasons for wanting to leave are thought to be purely personal and have nothing to do with on-field matters at the club.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ed-6025569
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Time to get rid of he is not committed to the cause.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

I'm with you

Sounds like his representatives are stirring it now

So moving closer to home now sounds like any club in Yorkshire as long as it's not Wigan
Back by demand.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

If he is disappointed he was not allowed to look at Hull then it is not the traveling and something else.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:59 pm If he is disappointed he was not allowed to look at Hull then it is not the traveling and something else.
Maybe Hull would save 30 minutes each way and therefor an hour a day?

That starts to add up day in day out.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I don't quite understand why the club would not allow Zac to speak to the Hull clubs.

OK it's 47 miles to Hull but that must be the easiest motorway 47 miles in the UK. Compared to the 67 to Wigan along the M62/60/61 the journey to Hull would be so easy. Journey time must be less than half that to Wigan. Those of us who've been to the Hull clubs know how the journey changes once we've passed Ferrybridge. If it took him more than 45 mins I'd be surprised.

Zac wants to work nearer to home and if he no longer wants to play for us I don't see the point of placing restrictions on him. Should he go we could strengthen the squad when his salary becomes available.

So why these problems? Is it we don't know if Bevan will return to play full back? Surely Hankinson will return who can play right centre and goal kick? We've not had a top class goal kicker since Pat Richards left, Hankinson could be that player.

I hope the club can sort this reasonably soon. There are though four months before the pre season trial games start. So plenty time for both parties to find a resolution.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:31 pm I don't quite understand why the club would not allow Zac to speak to the Hull clubs.

OK it's 47 miles to Hull but that must be the easiest motorway 47 miles in the UK. Compared to the 67 to Wigan along the M62/60/61 the journey to Hull would be so easy. Journey time must be less than half that to Wigan. Those of us who've been to the Hull clubs know how the journey changes once we've passed Ferrybridge. If it took him more than 45 mins I'd be surprised.

Zac wants to work nearer to home and if he no longer wants to play for us I don't see the point of placing restrictions on him. Should he go we could strengthen the squad when his salary becomes available.

So why these problems? Is it we don't know if Bevan will return to play full back? Surely Hankinson will return who can play right centre and goal kick? We've not had a top class goal kicker since Pat Richards left, Hankinson could be that player.

I hope the club can sort this reasonably soon. There are though four months before the pre season trial games start. So plenty time for both parties to find a resolution.
Hankinson isn’t good enough though.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."