Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Neither are quite a few according to fans. Seemed ok to me, ok no Eric Ashton, then he won't have Billy Boston playing outside him. There's another thread on Matty Smith, hardly the best 7 Wigan have ever had but he brought what he brought and didn't stop us winning plenty trophies.
I'd go with Hankinson at 3.

I watched Shaun Wane's interview on Wigan tv and he emphasised the importance of"coming out of yardage".
That was one area which was a disaster last season. The current backs, including Hankinson, could remedy that immediately. It was the yardage problem which meant we couldn't get out of our own 30 mtr on sets.

Sort out the half back situation and I'd be quite happy with the squad given where we are coming from.
It could be better but we are where we are.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It's getting tiresome now,boo boo it's motorway drive that yes is a pain but plenty of others do it and dont complain if he wants to be off fine let him go though why either Hull club would want him is beyond me as both seem.well stocked in the fullback and centre positions
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The fact Hardaker has even brought commute up as a reason to leave is ridiculous.

His partner has now piped up on twitter in response to an Ozzie players other half by saying how hard it is for pro sports peoples families.

These lot don’t know they are born. They are doing a highly paid job many would give their eye teeth for and plenty of young couples don’t have grandparents on the doorstep if that’s the issue. I’ve done it and for a lot longer than two years and when I left Uni I went where the work was (London).

In Hardaker’s case he’s got a maximum of two years left on his contract at a club that rehabilitated his career. It’s not a life sentence.

He should just move back to Wigan to rent and him and his other half grow up and stop whinging.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

DaveO wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:58 pm The fact Hardaker has even brought commute up as a reason to leave is ridiculous.

His partner has now piped up on twitter in response to an Ozzie players other half by saying how hard it is for pro sports peoples families.

These lot don’t know they are born. They are doing a highly paid job many would give their eye teeth for and plenty of young couples don’t have grandparents on the doorstep if that’s the issue. I’ve done it and for a lot longer than two years and when I left Uni I went where the work was (London).

In Hardaker’s case he’s got a maximum of two years left on his contract at a club that rehabilitated his career. It’s not a life sentence.

He should just move back to Wigan to rent and him and his other half grow up and stop whinging.
Bang on davo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
endoman

Post by endoman »

If he's that bothered about the traffic, get to Wigan before rush hour and do an hours goal kicking practice indoors with a flight monitor.

The bleating is tiresome. Lots of us commute an hour plus each way daily and are grateful for the job.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:34 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:31 pm I don't quite understand why the club would not allow Zac to speak to the Hull clubs.

OK it's 47 miles to Hull but that must be the easiest motorway 47 miles in the UK. Compared to the 67 to Wigan along the M62/60/61 the journey to Hull would be so easy. Journey time must be less than half that to Wigan. Those of us who've been to the Hull clubs know how the journey changes once we've passed Ferrybridge. If it took him more than 45 mins I'd be surprised.

Zac wants to work nearer to home and if he no longer wants to play for us I don't see the point of placing restrictions on him. Should he go we could strengthen the squad when his salary becomes available.

So why these problems? Is it we don't know if Bevan will return to play full back? Surely Hankinson will return who can play right centre and goal kick? We've not had a top class goal kicker since Pat Richards left, Hankinson could be that player.

I hope the club can sort this reasonably soon. There are though four months before the pre season trial games start. So plenty time for both parties to find a resolution.
Hankinson isn’t good enough though.
Neither is Thornley yet he's being welcomed as the second coming of Gene Miles by the owner. At least Hankinson would sort one issue - goalkicking. Which no-one at the club appears concerned about in the slightest

Still, play Isa centre and see how often he's beaten for pace and then loses his rag before being sinbinned for the umpteenth time
Back by demand.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:43 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:31 pm I don't quite understand why the club would not allow Zac to speak to the Hull clubs.

OK it's 47 miles to Hull but that must be the easiest motorway 47 miles in the UK. Compared to the 67 to Wigan along the M62/60/61 the journey to Hull would be so easy. Journey time must be less than half that to Wigan. Those of us who've been to the Hull clubs know how the journey changes once we've passed Ferrybridge. If it took him more than 45 mins I'd be surprised.

Zac wants to work nearer to home and if he no longer wants to play for us I don't see the point of placing restrictions on him. Should he go we could strengthen the squad when his salary becomes available.

So why these problems? Is it we don't know if Bevan will return to play full back? Surely Hankinson will return who can play right centre and goal kick? We've not had a top class goal kicker since Pat Richards left, Hankinson could be that player.

I hope the club can sort this reasonably soon. There are though four months before the pre season trial games start. So plenty time for both parties to find a resolution.
Neither is Thornley yet he's being welcomed as the second coming of Gene Miles by the owner. At least Hankinson would sort one issue - goalkicking. Which no-one at the club appears concerned about in the slightest

Still, play Isa centre and see how often he's beaten for pace and then loses his rag before being sinbinned for the umpteenth time
Give Thornley a chance.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote:
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:34 pm Hankinson isn’t good enough though.

Give Thornley a chance.
Give him a chance? He’s 30. He is what he is. He’s not going to morph into Gene Miles just because we signed him. Again.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:05 am
Charriots Offiah wrote:

Give Thornley a chance.
Give him a chance? He’s 30. He is what he is. He’s not going to morph into Gene Miles just because we signed him. Again.
He’s not but tell me any player that is as good as Gene Miles?
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:59 am

Give Thornley a chance.
He has had 2 chances and we got rid of him twice,for crying out loud it is obvious he is average at best