Wigan unveil new Coaching Team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
buttmonkey2

Re: Wigan unveil new Coaching Team

Post by buttmonkey2 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:31 am
DaveO wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:30 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote:Well here we have it folks!!

We have THE best coaching team at Wigan for over 14 years

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/10/ ... aitD3xN9M

If this isn't more over-hyped rubbish masquerading as "we couldn't be arsed to find better" then we know why the club's going down the pan

FFS they haven't even played a game but this is the "best ever". Let's hope he isn't forced to intervene mid-season and sack someone :roll:, There is absolutely no reason for such hyperbole
What are IL and Rads smoking? Clubb one of the best signings in ten years, Clark most devastating forward etc. Now this.

Do they believe their own propaganda?

I get it they want to be positive but honestly the fans know the score. Who are they trying to kid?
I just wish they wouldn’t come out with all this! I hate over exaggerating in anything more so in sport!
It’s egg on all their faces if it doesn’t work. Just be modest about things. I will still support the club without all the razzmatazz!

It’s the same when the club do all these “special” game days! I can’t remember if we ever won any! Bring a friend for free, retro shirt day, the Big One for examples!
That's my point Josie

I have nothing against quiet optimism and I really do hope this coaching team IS the best but to start spouting it all over the media is foolish at best and going to haunt the club (chairman) for decades to come at worst
Back by demand.
josie andrews

Re: Wigan unveil new Coaching Team

Post by josie andrews »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:21 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:31 am
DaveO wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:30 pm
What are IL and Rads smoking? Clubb one of the best signings in ten years, Clark most devastating forward etc. Now this.

Do they believe their own propaganda?

I get it they want to be positive but honestly the fans know the score. Who are they trying to kid?
I just wish they wouldn’t come out with all this! I hate over exaggerating in anything more so in sport!
It’s egg on all their faces if it doesn’t work. Just be modest about things. I will still support the club without all the razzmatazz!

It’s the same when the club do all these “special” game days! I can’t remember if we ever won any! Bring a friend for free, retro shirt day, the Big One for examples!
That's my point Josie

I have nothing against quiet optimism and I really do hope this coaching team IS the best but to start spouting it all over the media is foolish at best and going to haunt the club (chairman) for decades to come at worst
Exactly!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan