Mitch Clark

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: Mitch Clark

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:37 am I’m not sure I agree that he didn’t get a fair crack of the whip as I think there is something clearly about him

I said when he signed and we’re told by hapless rads that he was one of superleagues most destructive forwards - he never broke into any team he played for

He’s played at Cas/featherstone/Halifax and Leigh before joining us and none of those teams thought he was good enough - not did he start for any of those teams

The fact the only clubs looks at him are championship clubs tells you everything you need to know - sadly it would be the same for a good few of our squad if they left they wouldn’t get another super league gig
Exactly. Nail on the head. If only people thought this way about Hankinson too. ….. but, but, but he can kick 😢😢😢🤣
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

The biggest worry for me was what was KR banging on about when we signed him .
2002 and EW is hooked
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:52 am The biggest worry for me was what was KR banging on about when we signed him .
He is out of his depth.

When Liverpool make a signing, Klopp does his best to downplay any expectations attached to the price tag, says it will take a while for them to adapt to Liverpool's systems and we won't see the best of them straight away.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It's hard to see why his signing was based on any more rigorous analysis than

a) He had a good game against us at Cas, and

b) He was available.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:37 am I’m not sure I agree that he didn’t get a fair crack of the whip as I think there is something clearly about him

I said when he signed and we’re told by hapless rads that he was one of superleagues most destructive forwards - he never broke into any team he played for

He’s played at Cas/featherstone/Halifax and Leigh before joining us and none of those teams thought he was good enough - not did he start for any of those teams

The fact the only clubs looks at him are championship clubs tells you everything you need to know - sadly it would be the same for a good few of our squad if they left they wouldn’t get another super league gig
I have to agree simply he wasn't up to it,sometimes it's that simple I hope though he finds himself a club soon
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:51 am

Exactly. Nail on the head. If only people thought this way about Hankinson too. ….. but, but, but he can kick 😢😢😢🤣
Better than Botica and Richards that lad
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Honestly, I think Botica was made to look a far better player than he was by the quality around him at the time. I can’t recall a single time he put a man through a gap. Though he could kick goals (ironically, we would still have won everything with no kicker at all...).
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:14 pm Honestly, I think Botica was made to look a far better player than he was by the quality around him at the time. I can’t recall a single time he put a man through a gap. Though he could kick goals (ironically, we would still have won everything with no kicker at all...).
sorry, got to disagree with that statement

he initially started wing and then moved to stand off, and could play a bit, plus played full back for NZ
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Clark didn't do himself any favours with his performances but when he was played after a long time out, he was impressive. Unfortunately, he then dropped back to bang-average and looked right at home in our forwards. Shame we messed with his career and didn't let him go to Toulouse.
We have form at doing that.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:14 pm Honestly, I think Botica was made to look a far better player than he was by the quality around him at the time. I can’t recall a single time he put a man through a gap. Though he could kick goals (ironically, we would still have won everything with no kicker at all...).
Edwards hardly put players through a gap but was still great( it was gregory that did)….. i do remember botica putting skerrett through for our first try against widnes at wembley
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE