Bevin French

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
buttmonkey2

Re: Bevin French

Post by buttmonkey2 »

I agree with you Dan

I know this is the rumour mill and it can make for depressing reading sometimes, however agreeing a contract extension and actually signing a contract extension are two different things

If correct, we should know one way or the other within 10 days. Whatever is agreed though French needs to return earlier for preseason than last time or we seriously risk another belated/unfit appearance and the risks that in turn poses
Back by demand.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:27 pm
Jonh wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:17 pm So we have it basically from an exclusive scoop that French will definitely coming back….or he won’t.

Yet more fantastic inside info.

For what it’s worth if he doesn’t come back Field drops into 1. If French stays the Field signing highlights how lost the strategy of signing players has become.

We need to be very careful if he doesn’t return, the last thing we need to do is panic buy to use the quota space and be left with yet another round peg in a square hole.

If the right player isn’t available then I’d much rather we went forward with what we have then make a knee jerk signing and prolong the issues we currently have.

No mate, the “scoop” is he hasn't signed the contract yet, even though Wigan announced he was staying.

I don't know if he is coming back or not.

Ive never once said he is or isnt coming back because that would be guessing.

Hope this helps 👍🏻
So what you are saying is rather bevan or I am a liar because he has told me he has. Like I always say only time will tell . But I don't sit on fence and don't edge my bets French will be back and don't be surprised if he stays behond next season. I remember us having same conversation about hastings not staying for last season Who was right then.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:47 pm
Jonh wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:17 pm So we have it basically from an exclusive scoop that French will definitely coming back….or he won’t.

For what it’s worth if he doesn’t come back Field drops into 1. If French stays the Field signing highlights how lost the strategy of signing players has become.

We need to be very careful if he doesn’t return, the last thing we need to do is panic buy to use the quota space and be left with yet another round peg in a square hole.

If the right player isn’t available then I’d much rather we went forward with what we have then make a knee jerk signing and prolong the issues we currently have.

No mate, the “scoop” is he hasn't signed the contract yet, even though Wigan announced he was staying.

Hope this helps 👍🏻
So what you are saying is rather bevan or I am a liar because he has told me he has. Like I always say only time will tell . But I don't sit on fence and don't edge my bets French will be back and don't be surprised if he stays behond next season. I remember us having same conversation about hastings not staying for last season Who was right then.

People hear different things from different people, not saying anyone is lying. I also said the club were concerned Hastings would not return, because they were. You dont know how close it was to him not coming back. He refused to come back twice. Then he gave in when Wests Tigers backed out of a contract offer. Hence after being back for 2 month they announce he was going for the next year to Wests.

French may come back or he may not. Ddtftf has also stated he has been told he isnt coming back… a notoriously reliable source, want to
Have a go at him? As Bevan hasnt physically signed the contract, at the time he told you he was coming back he may have been truthfull. Things can change. Its not a case of being right or wrong about a situation that isnt yet fact.

I was always right about Hastings because all I said was the club were concerned he would not come back. I never once said he would not be coming back.
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

I'm looking forward to the fall-out from this one :lol:

Jacko actually wanted to stay at Salford and tried absolutely everything to get out of his deal at Wigan so what Dan is saying doesn't surprise me in the least. Look how quick he changed his social media to Wests Tigers? Pretty sure it was well documented it took him right up to a week before the season to put any mention of Wigan on there when he signed? He couldn't wait to leave :roll:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

This IS the Rumour Mill - happy to read everything posted here.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Jonh wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:55 pm

Hope this helps 👍🏻
There is no scoop.

All I see is random statements leaving things wildly open to interpretation.

I’d personally not say anything even if I knew stuff rather than continually post open ended open to interpretation comments which some people believe as gospel.
So going off what you are saying “no scoop” you also know the contract has not being signed? And I keep posting because I'm sick of people (you) commenting on everything I post

Im openly saying I DONT KNOW IF HE IS COMING BACK OR NOT. Im not pretending to know.

Im just saying he hasn't signed the contract.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Whens the good news and bad news due dan?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:53 am Whens the good news and bad news due dan?
Was told Announcements were imminent when I posted. Can only imagine they’re this coming week.

ST sales may be influencing timing
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:01 am
Firestarter wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:53 am Whens the good news and bad news due dan?
Was told Announcements were imminent when I posted. Can only imagine they’re this coming week.

ST sales may be influencing timing
Makes sense i suppose
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

Does anyone know how well the season tickets are selling?