Charnley in Hardaker out?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Charnley in Hardaker out?

Post by josie andrews »

I remember going to Wakefield on a Wednesday night watching the academy. Josh was playing on the left wing & Matthew Sarsfield was on the right. Can’t remember the final score but Wigan was beaten. Bilko did the report on RLFans.

Charnley read it & messaged me to tell Bilko that he was wrong with his report as the tries Wakey scored weren’t on his wing as reported but on Matty Sarsfield’s.

I said does it really matter? He replied it doesn’t look good for him. I don’t know if Bilko remembers this or not?

It was the same night a RL player, I think it was Gareth Raynor, who had an horrendous broken leg injury in a SL game the bones sticking out!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:32 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:22 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:42 pm

Well Greg Eden is 30 and no one bothered about his turning us down after our interest

My guess was for playing centre as surely we aren't signing yet more wingers
Charnley played at centre when he was on loan at HKR
Yes, but wasn't that when he came back from a loan at Blackpool and hadn't established himself at Wigan?
It maybe Ted.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:32 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:22 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:42 pm

Well Greg Eden is 30 and no one bothered about his turning us down after our interest

My guess was for playing centre as surely we aren't signing yet more wingers
Charnley played at centre when he was on loan at HKR
Yes, but wasn't that when he came back from a loan at Blackpool and hadn't established himself at Wigan?
And he scored a hat trick at centre before he returned to us.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Josh Charnley latest after shock exit rumours

The Warrington Wolves winger has been linked with a surprise departure from the club.

Don't expect Josh Charnley to leave Warrington Wolves any time soon.

Rumours have emerged recently linking the winger with a move away from the Halliwell Jones Stadium after being offered to clubs.

However, sources at Warrington insist that absolutely isn't the case and there are no plans to move on the former Wigan Warriors winger. Figures at other Super League clubs also confirmed they had not been offered the services of the 30-year-old.

Charnley is off-contract at the end of 2022 and talks surrounding his future have yet to take place.

But he is firmly in the plans of coach Daryl Powell for the upcoming season. Tom Lineham and Jake Mamo have both left the club and though Greg Minikin has been recruited, he is currently recovering from an ACL injury that will see him miss a large chunk of the season.

As a result, Warrington have limited options for their wing spots heading into 2022 and getting rid of Charnley would only further add to that problem.

Additionally, very few clubs are looking for wingers. Salford was one club touted but they currently have six wingers on their books with Ken Sio, Joe Burgess, Matty Costello and Rhys Williams all retained, while Matty Russell and Deon Cross will both be unveiled shortly.

Sources at Warrington also insists there is no substance to reports linking them with Judda Turahui from Melbourne Storm.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-22010663
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:36 pm I remember going to Wakefield on a Wednesday night watching the academy. Josh was playing on the left wing & Matthew Sarsfield was on the right. Can’t remember the final score but Wigan was beaten. Bilko did the report on RLFans.

Charnley read it & messaged me to tell Bilko that he was wrong with his report as the tries Wakey scored weren’t on his wing as reported but on Matty Sarsfield’s.

I said does it really matter? He replied it doesn’t look good for him. I don’t know if Bilko remembers this or not?

It was the same night a RL player, I think it was Gareth Raynor, who had an horrendous broken leg injury in a SL game the bones sticking out!
I think that may have been Chev Walker, Josie. Unless there were two similar injuries?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

The Charnley news is TRUE! Warrington have offered the player to Leigh, Salford and Wigan. Can see the player returning to Wigan if they manage to get Hardaker off their books. Leigh would be likely to pay wages close to what he earns now however have 2 wingers already.
And Salford are extremely interested in the player, however aren’t very keen on paying the wages he is on at Warrington, they will ask if Warrington can pay some of his salary and then will begin to seriously think about making a move for Charnley
https://twitter.com/RugbyLeagueITK/stat ... 0855728130

Hardaker to Featherstone is the rumour
Back by demand.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:51 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:36 pm I remember going to Wakefield on a Wednesday night watching the academy. Josh was playing on the left wing & Matthew Sarsfield was on the right. Can’t remember the final score but Wigan was beaten. Bilko did the report on RLFans.

I think that may have been Chev Walker, Josie. Unless there were two similar injuries?
It was Chev Walker. Thank you Morley 😊 x
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I cannot see this rumour happening as it would be a winger coming in for a starting centre. It would weaken our starting 13 if Bibby replaced Hardaker as Centre and Charnley started on the wing vs Hardaker at centre and Marshall/Miski as our wingers.

I haven't seen enough from Bibby to suggest he is good enough to start at centre.

Also, can everyone please stop mentioning Charnley at centre? He played about 4 games there 10 years ago in the championship.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
PorterjohLam

Post by PorterjohLam »

Wouldn't have the arrogant, money-grabbing tit anywhere near this club again. Please stop bringing back ex-players.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

PorterjohLam wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:17 pm Wouldn't have the arrogant, money-grabbing tit anywhere near this club again. Please stop bringing back ex-players.
Certainly would not say no to Ryan Sutton personally