Cade Cust signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Cade Cust signs

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Don't really watch the NRL, never heard of Cust or seen him play. I'd be the first to admit I've been hoping for a new 7 this season. Hopefully very smart investment and clicks well with Field at 6......although rumors suggest this is unlikely :roll:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:03 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:13 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:46 pm
He’s a squad player who every now and again has a very good game but I think last season showed his age is catching up with him. I don’t think he’d be missed because I don’t think he’s as good as he was.

It doesn’t make much sense to for it to be anyone but him or Tommy making way.

That said I am seeing some very cryptic comments appearing on facebook stating neither Field nor French are leaving and given we won’t be binning off new signings Ellis, Mago, Miski or Cust then it’s one of those two unless Wigan have pulled a fast one with Tommy. So I think Tommy and Isa are obvious candidates.
Squad player?

Apart from last season he’s barely missed a game in years..to me that’s not a squad player
But you're not in DaveO-world, Foz. :D
Well Dave you are going to be disappointed because Willie has signed a long-term deal.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

My mate in Oz reckons he should have played more first grade ‘footy’!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

An article I saw on FB showed the Manly fans are gutted at his leaving.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:54 am
Squad player?

Apart from last season he’s barely missed a game in years..to me that’s not a squad player
Well Dave you are going to be disappointed because Willie has signed a long-term deal.
Well I'm guessing that means McDonnell and/or Pearce-Paul are likely to be moving on then. Why hang around?
Back by demand.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

and he can play 9 ,maybe we can pose some sort of threat now from play the ball
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:54 am
Squad player?

I watch a lot of NRL and manly were in red hot form for this second half of the last season so to get in that starting line up they would of had to have an injury because why change an in form team with so much momentum.
So it would be unfair to say that Cust got shown how good her is last season as I would think it would be very hard to get a regular gig in that team, the form they we’re in.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote:
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:13 pm Squad player?

I just read he's signed for two more years.

This is stupid as he will be 35 when he starts the second of those two years

This is another player like Clubb and Tommy where the club isn't being ruthless enough in letting older players go and in Isa's case he's non fed trained so takes up a quota spot. So now either Tommy retires or one of French or Field is out (assuming Tommy counts as non fed trained)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:10 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote:

This is another player like Clubb and Tommy where the club isn't being ruthless enough in letting older players go and in Isa's case he's non fed trained so takes up a quota spot. So now either Tommy retires or one of French or Field is out (assuming Tommy counts as non fed trained)

Nobody seems able to get to the bottom of who qualifies as non-federation players, I suppose we will have to see what happens.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Charriots Offiah wrote:
DaveO wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:10 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Well Dave you are going to be disappointed because Willie has signed a long-term deal.

Nobody seems able to get to the bottom of who qualifies as non-federation players, I suppose we will have to see what happens.
The other aspect on non-federation trained players is that the RFL can grant an exemption and these are based on individual circumstances with no set model in place to try and understand who would qualify for an exemption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk