Jai Field.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Jai Field.

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

DaveO wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:51 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:44 am
Wigan_ITK wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:12 am

I know his girlfriend has gone back to Aus as she couldn’t settle here so that could be a deciding factor in what Field decides to do.
He's been offered to other SL clubs by Wigan, so that would lead to the assumption he is happy over here
If that is true WTF did Wigan sign him and bring him the the UK in the first place?

What happens if there are no takers? Presumably he's contracted to Wigan so that leaves the club over-quota if no one bites.

Is there any planning in the recruitment and re-signing of players? It's as if Cust being available was a complete surprise and they signed him after having already filled all the quota spots by having Tommy go around again.
That's what I have said all along and if true Wigan are a disgrace treating a lad who has come 12000 miles to play for us. I also think Wigan are on dicey ground here and could be in serious breach of someone's contract. If true the person/s responsible should be shown door this not good from any angle for one of the 8. Unless there's a loophole for Tommy.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:33 pm

He's been offered to other SL clubs by Wigan, so that would lead to the assumption he is happy over here
If that is true WTF did Wigan sign him and bring him the the UK in the first place?

What happens if there are no takers? Presumably he's contracted to Wigan so that leaves the club over-quota if no one bites.

Is there any planning in the recruitment and re-signing of players? It's as if Cust being available was a complete surprise and they signed him after having already filled all the quota spots by having Tommy go around again.
That's what I have said all along and if true Wigan are a disgrace treating a lad who has come 12000 miles to play for us. I also think Wigan are on dicey ground here and could be in serious breach of someone's contract. If true the person/s responsible should be shown door this not good from any angle for one of the 8. Unless there's a loophole for Tommy.
As previously said, we can have more signed than registered, there's noting against that, we aren't breaking any rules, we can only register 7 so logically 1 will leave.

There's nothing wrong or against the rules with offering players to other clubs.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

You’ve mentioned before Wigan offering Field about?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
keptinthedarkfans

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:37 pm

As previously said, we can have more signed than registered, there's noting against that, we aren't breaking any rules, we can only register 7 so logically 1 will leave.

There's nothing wrong or against the rules with offering players to other clubs.
Of course there's something wrong do you think any of those 8 would have signed knowing they weren't going to play for Wigan. It's playing lottery with players jobs and that in itself is morally wrong and I stick by there is grounds for breach of contract for 1 of those players who believe they are bonafide quota players for Wigan.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:56 pm

Of course there's something wrong do you think any of those 8 would have signed knowing they weren't going to play for Wigan. It's playing lottery with players jobs and that in itself is morally wrong and I stick by there is grounds for breach of contract for 1 of those players who believe they are bonafide quota players for Wigan.
Well its a good job at least one is leaving then isn't it. There will be no problems, It is no way breach of contract either :lol:
keptinthedarkfans

Okay
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:03 pm

Well its a good job at least one is leaving then isn't it. There will be no problems, It is no way breach of contract either :lol:
What isn't a breach of contract? Field and any other player won't have a contract that says Wigan can just rip it up because Wigan simply don't want the player any more. If a contracted player leaves they must agree to do so.

I also agree with keptinthedarkfans that it's a pretty shitty thing to do, bring a player from Australia, give him a contract and than say your not wanted. It's also a ridiculous thing to do given Tommy shouldn't even be going around again. The idea we need Tommy because we are lacking older players to provide leadership (as I think Josie mentioned is why the club are doing it) is nuts when the player isn't up to playing the game anymore at this level. The club has a very weird view of how long players can carry on playing this game.
keptinthedarkfans

DaveO wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:48 pm

What isn't a breach of contract? Field and any other player won't have a contract that says Wigan can just rip it up because Wigan simply don't want the player any more. If a contracted player leaves they must agree to do so.

I also agree with keptinthedarkfans that it's a pretty shitty thing to do, bring a player from Australia, give him a contract and than say your not wanted. It's also a ridiculous thing to do given Tommy shouldn't even be going around again. The idea we need Tommy because we are lacking older players to provide leadership (as I think Josie mentioned is why the club are doing it) is nuts when the player isn't up to playing the game anymore at this level. The club has a very weird view of how long players can carry on playing this game.
How long did it take you to work that out Dan. Think it's pretty obvious to us all someone has to go 7 slots 8 players don't fit. That's what's badly wrong lad comes halfway across world to play for us and club want to ship him out. And you think that's a joke. Thats a joke
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:07 pm
DaveO wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:48 pm

How long did it take you to work that out Dan. Think it's pretty obvious to us all someone has to go 7 slots 8 players don't fit. That's what's badly wrong lad comes halfway across world to play for us and club want to ship him out. And you think that's a joke. Thats a joke

I haven't for one second said we can rip his contract up? Do you lot just love putting words in my mouth? Wigan are offering him around to other clubs. Wait for it……. Jai knows about it. He understands the reasonings, he wants to prove himself at Wigan but understands opportunities may be limited. It may be a permanent Move, it may be a loan, or he may change peoples minds by applying himself more in training.

Wigan have 8 non fed trained players. It is not breaking any rules unless we try to register them all. Its that simple. Its the time of year where squads are shaped. Plenty of squads will probably be over the salary cap as we stand for 2022, but it means nothing yet. Just like Wigan having 8 players means nothing yet. We are trying to move one on, its not immoral or wrong when the player in question is being kept up to speed with the process.

And especially when that player has multiple setbacks in his recovery from injury due to off the field stupidity. He’s been paid a lot of money and we’ve had nothing in return. Wigan quite right in my opinion, and its only an opinion you are all entitled to yours and I respect your opinion on weather or not it is immoral, but the way Ive been told its been handled is far from immoral.

Hope this Helps.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The way I heard about Field clubs had enquired about,not Wigan offering him around.