Jai Field.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: Jai Field.

Post by lucky 13 »

NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:21 am We don’t need to make room on the quota anyway. It’s been confirmed by Rugby League Live this morning that Leuluai is exempt.
Cheers Nicky was told this before we signed Cusp but not officially. Makes this Field thing more interesting. I still think we are a strike centre short. Potentially would leave a spot open for that but I can't see it.
Why would Peet have even mentioned Field if we was looking to get rid?
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

lucky 13 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:46 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:21 am We don’t need to make room on the quota anyway. It’s been confirmed by Rugby League Live this morning that Leuluai is exempt.
Cheers Nicky was told this before we signed Cusp but not officially. Makes this Field thing more interesting. I still think we are a strike centre short. Potentially would leave a spot open for that but I can't see it.
Why would Peet have even mentioned Field if we was looking to get rid?
They seem to have made a big thing of Field’s desire to come back this season and make an impact, so there seems little sense to it. There’s no way we can be over the cap, so you then see no reason not to keep him, unless they’d want to make a signing in another position like you say.

I’ll be happy when the season starts that’s for sure. The rumours of will they, won’t they stay with 3 or 4 players is getting tedious now.
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:23 pm Whilst I am not doubting Dan’s insight, never have done, it sadly sounds very different to the Field that spoke on Hastings @behind the athlete podcast.

He sounded very motivated to be a success at Wigan and earn a chance in the NRL.

He was open and honest about doing 2 years here (his contract) then going home.

There was also something along the lines of being offered more money by Leeds but he’s already given Wigan his word.
I wouldn't believe a word Jacko says tbh. Great rugby player, strange human. Really quite an odd personality. Made a lot of promises to Salford and the board of directors that he didn't keep, did a farewell evening with some of the Salford fans and literally spent the entire evening saying how bad Wigan are and how gutted he was about leaving Salford when he did. Also had several "tiffs" with senior players at Wigan when pulled up about his timekeeping and off field behavior. I don't think Dan is far off with what he is suggesting with Jai. He followed Jackson round like a puppy :roll:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Thats good and puts a more positive spin on things - I can see the squad moving forward now and being competative - I think one more really good signing in the prop department and we could be contenders.
If we were dominant up front then Field/French could get us points with their pace.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:03 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:56 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:37 pm

As previously said, we can have more signed than registered, there's noting against that, we aren't breaking any rules, we can only register 7 so logically 1 will leave.

There's nothing wrong or against the rules with offering players to other clubs.
Of course there's something wrong do you think any of those 8 would have signed knowing they weren't going to play for Wigan. It's playing lottery with players jobs and that in itself is morally wrong and I stick by there is grounds for breach of contract for 1 of those players who believe they are bonafide quota players for Wigan.
Well its a good job at least one is leaving then isn't it. There will be no problems, It is no way breach of contract either :lol:
Can't wait to answer to this neither. :lol:
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:33 am
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:03 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:56 pm

Of course there's something wrong do you think any of those 8 would have signed knowing they weren't going to play for Wigan. It's playing lottery with players jobs and that in itself is morally wrong and I stick by there is grounds for breach of contract for 1 of those players who believe they are bonafide quota players for Wigan.
Well its a good job at least one is leaving then isn't it. There will be no problems, It is no way breach of contract either :lol:
Can't wait to answer to this neither. :lol:
There isn't a question to answer, I'm stating at least one foreign player is leaving.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

If we can keep French and he's happy and fully committed along with Cust I'm pretty sure we can be competitive. If we did lose one of Field or French a good centre would make a huge difference to us.
Joey Leyluai for example, or a player similar to Cust with a point to prove.
Main thing I want is committment and a want to play for us we should not accept anything less. Draw a line now if you don't want to be here see you later non of this speculation just come out and tell us.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

lucky 13 wrote:If we can keep French and he's happy and fully committed along with Cust I'm pretty sure we can be competitive. If we did lose one of Field or French a good centre would make a huge difference to us.
Joey Leyluai for example, or a player similar to Cust with a point to prove.
Main thing I want is committment and a want to play for us we should not accept anything less. Draw a line now if you don't want to be here see you later non of this speculation just come out and tell us.
Wouldn’t go anywhere near Leilua.

If we keep Hardaker then with Bobby, Thornley and the 2 kids I’m not sure what they’d do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Dan knows much much more than any of us and quite rightly won’t reveal how he knows this but if he says one of the foreign players is going then I’d say it’s as as clear as day following night that we won’t see either French or Field in a Wigan shirt next season.

If I was a betting man I’d say French is the more likely of the two.

The club have already seemingly started some subtle comms about his future and it’s obvious to everyone that Hardarker has been looking for a move back to Yorkshire but that isn’t forthcoming.

The sweetener of the FB position before the World Cup would probably be enough to see him stay.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:36 pm Dan knows much much more than any of us and quite rightly won’t reveal how he knows this but if he says one of the foreign players is going then I’d say it’s as as clear as day following night that we won’t see either French or Field in a Wigan shirt next season.

If I was a betting man I’d say French is the more likely of the two.

The club have already seemingly started some subtle comms about his future and it’s obvious to everyone that Hardarker has been looking for a move back to Yorkshire but that isn’t forthcoming.

The sweetener of the FB position before the World Cup would probably be enough to see him stay.
Wouldn't go that far mate, there's a lot of people on here who are far better informed/connected than I am, they just choose not to post a lot of the time.