Wigan to face Saints at Magic

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Wigan to face Saints at Magic

Post by Wandering Warrior »

At 30 he's well over the hill!🤣
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
bertina

Post by bertina »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:54 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:33 pm LMS is a bit part player for them by now very rarely if ever starts

I think saints have been successful on the back of the momentum they get - warmsley et al laying a platform and roby is still one of the best hookers in the league although at some point surely time will have to catch up with him

They’ve got some great young kids in their back line like welsby

I don’t think they will be the same force next year but they’ve got a very good coach proven in getting results

At the moment next season for us is becoming more and more unreadable to me we could be a sensation or a relegation candidate it’s very difficult to call

We have a new coach, a couple of key new players but everyone who has come in is a bit unknown barring maybe thornley who i
expect to be average
I’ll call it, no where near relegation, top four team.
I agree.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:23 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:33 pm
We have a new coach, a couple of key new players but everyone who has come in is a bit unknown barring maybe thornley who i
expect to be average
30 tries in 45 appearances is pretty average I suppose compared to Gildhart's 61 in 129?
Why don't folk just give him a chance instead of ripping him a new rsole before he's pulled a shirt on again?
Tell me why are Wigan fans complete downers?
Not all of us.
pedro

Post by pedro »

expect to be average
30 tries in 45 appearances is pretty average I suppose compared to Gildhart's 61 in 129?
Why don't folk just give him a chance instead of ripping him a new rsole before he's pulled a shirt on again?
If you use stats like that, Karl Pryce was better than Pat Richards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

expect to be average
There’s more to centre than try stats

How is saying I expect him to be average ripping him a new one? We have plenty average players - all teams do

What I’m saying is he’s not going to set the world alight that’s why he was at Leigh and not a top team he’s not a superstar so I don’t expect him to suddenly turn into one

I never said he will be rubbish - he will do a job imo but I’m not expecting him to be ripping teams apart

That’s only my view
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am gloomy because we were so bad last year, unwatchably awful for much of the year, and an irrelevance in both cup and the play offs. The Catalans away game was as complete a rout as we have seen since 75-0. And I don’t see much reason to think next year will be different.

In the off season, we have been told that French can’t get fit and can’t come over here, Field - whose one attribute was his speed - has got hamstring and other leg muscle issues, and so starts under a massive question mark, plus we have re-signed Leuluai. Oh, and Smith’s shoulder is knackered. And we have Powell, and no proven 13. Which leaves us with the hope that the fringe Manly half back hits the ground running - if he is not instantly as effective as Hastings, our spine will be even worse than the one that couldn’t score last year. And Peet, our new coach, was an assistant coach last year.

It’s the off season, and therefore we are equal top and still in the cup. So, there’s nothing to stop anyone hoping for the best. But it seems to me it’s simply hoping for the best, when there is precious little evidence to suggest we will be much if any better next year. Unless you count statements of the obvious as evidence, like they will all “buy into the culture”. From what I’ve seen of this great game of ours, that won’t be nearly enough - you can’t put in what God left out.
Wandering Warrior

pedro wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:42 pm
expect to be average
If you use stats like that, Karl Pryce was better than Pat Richards
I rest my case!
Wandering Warrior

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:43 pm
expect to be average

How is saying I expect him to be average ripping him a new one? We have plenty average players - all teams do

What I’m saying is he’s not going to set the world alight that’s why he was at Leigh and not a top team he’s not a superstar so I don’t expect him to suddenly turn into one

I never said he will be rubbish - he will do a job imo but I’m not expecting him to be ripping teams apart

That’s only my view
And it's only my view that some of the Wigan fans have small minds and at times are embarrassing!!
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:38 pm

That’s only my view
And it's only my view that some of the Wigan fans have small minds and at times are embarrassing!!
Like the Wigan team were last season
Wandering Warrior

blindsideprop wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:55 am
Wandering Warrior wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:38 pm

That’s only my view
Like the Wigan team were last season
Well spotted! 🙃