Stefan Ratchford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Stefan Ratchford

Post by josie andrews »

Great day down @wiganwarriorsrl having a chat all things rugby, career so far and my upcoming testimonial & game.

Big thank you to @lochlomondmalts for the whiskey too!

https://twitter.com/ratch06/status/1468 ... 93697?s=21
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Stefan Ratchford

Post by josie andrews »

How good are Wigan Warriors in appreciating opposition players & teams 😊 Well Done Wigan RL 👏🏼👏🏼
🏉🍒⚪️❤️
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Fine player that lad,while not a .master of any one position he can Cover so many so well.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I wonder if there is more to this - it’s interesting to see this side by side with the out of contract players thread. Just sayin’
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:19 am I wonder if there is more to this - it’s interesting to see this side by side with the out of contract players thread. Just sayin’
i think he is 33/34, so IMO unlikely to be a playing role

as Fozzie says, fine player and has ability in multiple positions, but probably too late in his career for us to make a move for him
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:19 am I wonder if there is more to this - it’s interesting to see this side by side with the out of contract players thread. Just sayin’
Why are you reading “is there something more” into this thread??

We are playing Warrington in a testimonial for Stefan Ratchford! He’s a Wigan lad, an England player & IMO is a good ambassador for the sport & he is a quality player!

Wigan have regularly done things for players from other clubs to represent a milestone in their careers. Nothing different in this & doesn't mean we are signing Stef!

It’s not side by side with the Out of Contract players thread, that just happened as members make comments on each thread.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Hi Josie - I was reading them together and adding 2 and 2 and probably getting 22. I hadn’t realised he was so old. I would say that stranger things have happened than him singing for us, though.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Glad Warrington are opening their West Stand for us Wigan fans. The usual terrace behind the sticks.

Should be a good day and hopefully a good game and for Stef's sake a good crowd!.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

the pieman wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:28 am
i think he is 33/34, so IMO unlikely to be a playing role

as Fozzie says, fine player and has ability in multiple positions, but probably too late in his career for us to make a move for him
It wouldn't be the first time we have tried to sign him but he preferred Wire.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

We had him and let him go to Salford.