Luke Thompson on the move

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Caboosegg

Re: Luke Thompson on the move

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:39 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:21 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:17 pm

He’s had his first jab!
I forgot to add, I would have Luke in a heartbeat.
Same here excellent player
Did he leave saints under a cloud?

I wouldn't want a player who is willing to put other players and fans at risk from his views.

He only got a a jab because the club terminated the other player who refused to.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:12 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:21 pm

I forgot to add, I would have Luke in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't want a player who is willing to put other players and fans at risk from his views.

He only got a a jab because the club terminated the other player who refused to.
You realise someone fully vaccinated can catch and pass on covid, right?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:01 pm

So nobody should bother getting them then?

I think original efficacy of Pfizer was around 90%. Should we not bother because of the 10%? that will still pass?

Booster vaccine protects 70-75% against Omicron apparently. Shall we just not bother?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:05 pm

I think original efficacy of Pfizer was around 90%. Should we not bother because of the 10%? that will still pass?

Booster vaccine protects 70-75% against Omicron apparently. Shall we just not bother?
Have to say I always took those numbers being shouted last year with a large pinch of salt,boosters where always going to be needed.

As for Thompson it should always be down to personal choice to have something like this.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:11 pm

Have to say I always took those numbers being shouted last year with a large pinch of salt,boosters where always going to be needed.

As for Thompson it should always be down to personal choice to have something like this.
It is his personal choice, get the jab for find a new club Carrier. It's a duty of care for others.

the Vaccines reduce symptoms, as the virus travels in water droplets if you coughing less your spreading less.

Guaranteed most if not all rugby player put worse stuff in their system than a vaccine, be it legal or illegal.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I never said that did I? I'm just pointing out that him not having a vaccine doesn't mean he's putting anyone but himself in potential danger
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:00 am

I never said that did I? I'm just pointing out that him not having a vaccine doesn't mean he's putting anyone but himself in potential danger
But he is potentially putting people in danger?

If you’re not vaccinated your more likely to catch it. And guess what? If you’re more likely to catch it then you’re more likely to pass it on to someone else….

The penny really isn’t dropping with some people.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:08 am

If you’re not vaccinated your more likely to catch it. And guess what? If you’re more likely to catch it then you’re more likely to pass it on to someone else….

This ⬆️ 🦠
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:08 am

I'm generally pro jab (Doubled and waiting to be able to have my booster after testing positive), so dont take this as saying I'm not.

However. "If you’re not vaccinated your more likely to catch it. And guess what? If you’re more likely to catch it then you’re more likely to pass it on to someone else…." But if the figures you're quoting are correct, and everyone you're with is jabbed and receives that protection then the likelihood of passing it on is therefore much reduced. What also isn't taken into account is that if you're jabbed you're a lot more likely to be carrying it asymptomatically and mixing, potentially making you a super spreader....

The point I'm trying to make is that the arguments one way or the other aren't as cut and dried as most people like to think. Also, do we know WHY he doesn't want to get jabbed? The guy who got sacked from the Doggies and signed for Leigh has a very good reason not to as an example