Club contact

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PoppaG

Club contact

Post by PoppaG »

Hi All! Long time lurker, first time poster! Feel free to delete/move this if it's in the wrong section....

I'm having issues getting anyone at the club to get in touch with me over a question I have. I've sent emails, left phone messages, even visited the arena and left a message in person, but no-one seems to want to speak to me.

Basically, I'm looking at booking my lad onto the Winter Warrior sessions as detailed here: https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/11/ ... r-warrior/. One of the benefits of this is a free Junior Season Ticket. I renewed my lads ST at £32 early on, before these sessions were announced. The Winter Warrior Sessions are £25 if booked this year so cheaper than an ST on its own! All I want to know is how they want it to work - refund the ST I've bought, give shop credit, etc. With Christmas looming I don't have cash to just throw around and dont see why I should have to pay more simply for being organised! I've rang the Ticket Office and asked about cancelling the lads ST and getting that refunded, but apparently they're none-refundable and they dont have permission to over-ride that, which I understand.

If anyone knows anyone who works in the Community dept, or ANYONE who could help I would be eternally grateful as it's been three weeks I've been trying to sort this out now. More than willing to PM my details to anyone who could help!

Thanks!
Matt
josie andrews

Re: Club contact

Post by josie andrews »

Hello Matt, welcome to the site. Sorry you seem to be having a problem, try this guy hope if he can’t help you he can put you in touch with who can. 😊

Darren Marsh

Community Engagement Officer Tel: 01942 762 880 | Email: d.marsh@wiganwarriors.com
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

Cheers Josie, I'll drop him a mail now. Fingers crossed!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PoppaG wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:50 pm Cheers Josie, I'll drop him a mail now. Fingers crossed!
Good Luck if you need any further help let me know & I will try to help you sort it 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

The club really should anticipate this as it ued to happen to me but I can't remember if I ever asked for money back etc.
I am in the East stand and the free ticket you get is in the South stand so was no good for my son who would sit with me, they should anticipate this and offer something different
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:12 pm
PoppaG wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:50 pm Cheers Josie, I'll drop him a mail now. Fingers crossed!
Good Luck if you need any further help let me know & I will try to help you sort it 😊
Cheers Josie. No reply yet, but appreciate they've only had a morning :lol:

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:39 pm The club really should anticipate this as it ued to happen to me but I can't remember if I ever asked for money back etc.
I am in the East stand and the free ticket you get is in the South stand so was no good for my son who would sit with me, they should anticipate this and offer something different
I'd ask the question as my mate sits in East and I'm sure when he emailed they said they'd sort it. Just needed to let them know what seat he wanted
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

PoppaG wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:13 pm

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:39 pm The club really should anticipate this as it ued to happen to me but I can't remember if I ever asked for money back etc.
I'd ask the question as my mate sits in East and I'm sure when he emailed they said they'd sort it. Just needed to let them know what seat he wanted
Mine are too old now for training camps etc. but it was something that happended to me on several occasions when I booked them on the camps, think I just left it in the end as the main point was the training camp and the season ticket was just more of a bonus for booking
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

WarriorWinger wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:27 pm
PoppaG wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:13 pm

Mine are too old now for training camps etc. but it was something that happended to me on several occasions when I booked them on the camps, think I just left it in the end as the main point was the training camp and the season ticket was just more of a bonus for booking
Makes sense. To be honest if work hadn't nose dived in the last few months I wouldn't be as mithered and would likely just bite the bullet. However even though its only a few quid, with the way money is at the moment after supporting the club financially over the last couple of years it would be nice for that to be reciprocated. Or at least for them to pretend they care :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PoppaG, sent you a PM 😊