Wigan Warriors contracts: When every deal runs out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Wigan Warriors contracts: When every deal runs out

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:10 am FFS! Can we not give this Powell bashing a rest! He’s in the team, you can’t do anything about it. Moaning for moanings sake isn’t going to change it!

You can pick & choose who you follow or what you want to read. I have to read everything & everybody’s posts!

Honest to God, there are times when this forum is so bloody depressing!

It’s the Festive period, times have been bad enough lately & may get bad again, just try & be a bit nice for a change 😊
I've said it before and I'll say it again, some folk would boo Father Christmas.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

It seems a bit illogical to me that we should be discussing if players should get their contract renewed, at the end of the season, or if they should be let go. Let’s see how they go and make a reasoned decision based on performances.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jobo wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:52 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:10 am FFS! Can we not give this Powell bashing a rest! He’s in the team, you can’t do anything about it. Moaning for moanings sake isn’t going to change it!

You can pick & choose who you follow or what you want to read. I have to read everything & everybody’s posts!

It’s the Festive period, times have been bad enough lately & may get bad again, just try & be a bit nice for a change 😊
I've said it before and I'll say it again, some folk would boo Father Christmas.
He's not real you know
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Flash wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:27 am
medlocke wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:45 pm Lower championship level at best, If he wasn't 3rd or 4th man in on the tackle so often his tackle stats would show his real level
You've used this tired argument whenever you it concerns a player you don't like but never when it's player you do like so I'm going to call you out on it. Show me these stats that prove he is regularly 3rd/4th man in the tackle (and please don't give me any "I see it with my own eyes" type bollocks). If you can't...and I'd put money on it...then please stop making things up. The one thing you can't question about Powell is his work ethic and willingness in defence.

That said I agree Powell doesn't offer enough. If he could duplicate his form of 2 years ago on a regular basis that would present a different argument. So far I can't say he has ever done so. Too many seasons of hard graft but little attacking threat for mine.
Lockers was the last one who befell his rather outlandish comments.
He pinched a living from what I remember?🤔🤣
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Come on, you know Wiganers are the best moaners in the country, especially during the off-season.

If there was a prize for it, the trophy would never leave the town. :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:47 pm

Come on, you know Wiganers are the best moaners in the country, especially during the off-season.

Very true 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:34 pm
Flash wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:27 am
medlocke wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:45 pm Lower championship level at best, If he wasn't 3rd or 4th man in on the tackle so often his tackle stats would show his real level
You've used this tired argument whenever you it concerns a player you don't like but never when it's player you do like so I'm going to call you out on it. Show me these stats that prove he is regularly 3rd/4th man in the tackle (and please don't give me any "I see it with my own eyes" type bollocks). If you can't...and I'd put money on it...then please stop making things up. The one thing you can't question about Powell is his work ethic and willingness in defence.

That said I agree Powell doesn't offer enough. If he could duplicate his form of 2 years ago on a regular basis that would present a different argument. So far I can't say he has ever done so. Too many seasons of hard graft but little attacking threat for mine.
Lockers was the last one who befell his rather outlandish comments.
He pinched a living from what I remember?🤔🤣
The Ronnie Biggs of Wigan ;) :lol:
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:21 pm
jobo wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:52 pm

He's not real you know
Of course he is, isn't he 😳😳
God2

Post by God2 »

I keep saying Powell is a better 13 than he is a hooker. But we have Shorrocks, Partington, Smithies and Ellis that can play effectively in that position. But none can do the minutes and that’s a fact.

Powell is worth his weight in gold purely on minutes alone. Name another player in his position that will do the full 80. I will wait. An old fashioned Hooker.

It’s another game plan for him to learn and if I remember rightly Warrington we’re effective around the ruck with Briers part of the coaching set up, and I honestly think Clark is vastly over rated imo, McShane is a better player, and for defending alone I say Powell is as well.

Can’t wait to see what they can do, pre season has looked Maguire and Early Wane esq.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:47 pm

I don’t know, you should read Red Vee when things are not going well.