Wigan Warriors contracts: When every deal runs out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Wigan Warriors contracts: When every deal runs out

Post by Caboosegg »

Booo wigan suck
Back in the golden years
We are as bad as leigh
We have the worst player in ever spot.
Peetball in boring.
We need a unknown like Adrian Lam.
Shaun Edwards.

Is that better :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Happy for Powell to extend his contract. I’m hopeful to see how O Neil’s progress goes next season and having that stability for a good defensive 9 is fine with me!
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

RE effectiveness of Powell as a defensive 9, I think much depends on the other type of players around him.

When SOL was a ball playing 13 and if Bevan (or a Sam T type of player) is at full back there was less need for a creative 9. Last season highlighted lack of a more expansive 13 and any creativity from the full back and it showed in our attack (amongst other reasons such as go forward in the props).

If the combination of Bevan, Field, Smith and Cust play to their supposed potential )or even play at all ;-) ) then we should be OK with Powell - especially of Shorrocks takes on a traditional LF role. If not then we will struggle again in attack and POwells limitations will be exposed..
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:29 pm Booo wigan suck
Back in the golden years
We are as bad as leigh
We have the worst player in ever spot.
Peetball in boring.
We need a unknown like Adrian Lam.
Shaun Edwards.

Is that better :lol:
Is swearing allowed on this forum?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Powell obviously should be given marquee player wages as the best hooker in the league by a long way - in fact I can’t wait for him to tear up defenders with those customary darting runs as wigan March on to a clean sweep

Also this should never be discussed again as we’ve had 1 conversation about it and everyone knows that in sport nothing changes ever so basically we don’t need to reassess or discuss any point that has already been discussed once

Powell for mos
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:49 pm Powell obviously should be given marquee player wages as the best hooker in the league by a long way - in fact I can’t wait for him to tear up defenders with those customary darting runs as wigan March on to a clean sweep

Also this should never be discussed again as we’ve had 1 conversation about it and everyone knows that in sport nothing changes ever so basically we don’t need to reassess or discuss any point that has already been discussed once

Powell for mos
I agree with you to such an extent that I am starting a petition to force the current incumbent England coach to select him for the World Cup training squad (if it ever goes ahead) and have him down as the first player selected for each fixture.

How dare another coach not select such a majestic and fine player who, when in full flight is like witnessing a young Ellery Hanley - but who can actually tackle! The Aussies would surely tremble when faced with the prospect of coming up against such a defensive monster

I have no idea who the England coach is, obviously knows nothing about rugby whatsoever or at the very least considerably less than fans on this forum. Just hope he never has anything to do with Wigan in the future :roll:
Back by demand.