Radlinski retires

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Radlinski retires

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
Here's a thought. Millward to rest Ashton at some point and play Orr at 6 and Brown at 1.
I had been wondering what Millward had been waffling on about the other day, saying Brown could play fullback as I found that as unlikely as him playing prop. But he presumably had an inkling this was on the cards and is trying to make preparations for when Ashton needs to be rested or gets injured. I think I'd be more inclined to put Dallas at fullback rather than Brown, but I'm not the coach so what do I know?!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

The timing of the whole thing seems very sudden to me, and i think there is a reason behind all this. I get the feeling that Rad's departure could be making room for a player to slot in. Latest news is that Saint's are now favourite to secure the services of Barret! How many players can that team afford? Does the salary cap apply to St Helens i wonder?
Bring on the Warriors

Post by Bring on the Warriors »

im absolultely gutted for him. Not only was he a good player but also a really nice and friendly guy. Will be missed!
Proud to be a Wiganer!!!
Walking in a Wigan Wonderland!

Post by Walking in a Wigan Wonderland! »

Just seen the news now im so sorry to hear that he was an absolute legend for theclum and rugby leage all the best to him xx
We luv u Wigan, we do ooooooo Wigan we luv u!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Never a truer word soken by ML:

"If the current players show the same character and courage that Kris showed us, we will be more than successful."

They should write that quote above the tunnel on the way out onto the field at the JJB to remind the players of what is expected.

My abiding memory of Rads will be his commitment.

Dave
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

Thanks for all the memories Kris, I became a wigan support the season before his debut so i have lots of happy memories from a truly GREAT Wigan player.

Good luck Kris

p.s. my user pic is from murrayfield when the full time hooter went, Thanks for making it a great day
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
JJwilliams

Post by JJwilliams »

To say gutted is an under statement!! Thats awful for Rad's. He's a legend and no warriors fan will ever forget what he has done for our club. Best Wishes to the nicest guy and most talented full back ever!!!!
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Very sad news, many thanks to a great bloke who I enjoyed both playing alongside and watching. The last link with the great days disappears. Does he have to retire? I'm sure Saracens could offer him a deal...
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Great to see JJ Williams posting on here too, one of the great Welsh backs of the 70s...
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaveO posted:

Here's a thought. Millward to rest Ashton at some point and play Orr at 6 and Brown at 1.

Dave
Or even Dallas at Fullback if last season is to be believed, move the Irish Aussie on to the wing (His proper position?) and bring in Gleason at centre? :(
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.