Wilkin and Buchanan join sky sports team

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
The booze hound

Re: Wilkin and Buchanan join sky sports team

Post by The booze hound »

medlocke wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:15 am
medlocke wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:44 pm But they aren't ex Wigan players :o :shock:
I’m sorry meds but I don’t understand your comment?
The sky team have all played for Wigan except for Wells
And Jenna Brooks. :D
culinator

Post by culinator »

i think for me if they can focus on the positives of the game rather than the negatives it will be a lot better.

A lot of the time its, what went wrong for one team instead of what the other team did well, whether that be good defence or good attack that should be the focus, instead they seem to dwell on errors and what not.

My opinion obviously, it could be the off season making me forget what its actually like
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The booze hound wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:05 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:15 am

I’m sorry meds but I don’t understand your comment?
The sky team have all played for Wigan except for Wells
And Jenna Brooks. :D
Had totally forgot about her, Wouldn't mind seeing her in a scrum though :twisted: :lol:
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Just seen on twitter the C4 presentation team for Leeds v Wire is Adam Hills with Sinfield and Pryce

I posted recently that i really like the idea of Adam Hills being involved. I think this could be a really good appointment. He loves RL, and a great advocate for disability RL too. i think he will get the right balance of serious and humour in his presentation
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

I like Wilkin as a commentator, grub of a player, but can communicate and explain whats going on, also according to SWMBO "easy on the eye". Kevin Brown is also good at this role and has done a good job when summarising in the past.

regarding the commentary, football gets by with a commentator and a pundit, we have Barry and Terry doing mother in law jokes alongside the main commentary, as much as Eddie and Stevo became a bit of a cliché towards the end, they knew their roles and if they didn't spend half the match looking for controversy, were ok.

As someone else said sometimes less is more with commentary, and sometimes what is happening on thee pitch is enough, but new viewers especially on free to air TV where certain rules may need explaining (sometimes to the referee).

overall if this is the end and "baz and tez" (grrrrrrrr) are no more then its a good thing, not every commentary is a sportsman's dinner. and regarding JJB, he's ok, but he does sound like he's got a mouthful of marbles

regarding Adam Hills, his passion is enthusiastic, and he's brilliant for the game. but don't over use it, what we don't want is him becoming the face of the game, if you remember back every Wembley final you'd see the BBC had to find Parky in the crowd, more recently when Wigan played they would always try and find Bradley Wiggins, celeb fans are great as occasional guest, is more important that they push the game on other platforms and shows that they do, which Adam is brilliant at.
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

the pieman wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:04 pm Just seen on twitter the C4 presentation team for Leeds v Wire is Adam Hills with Sinfield and Pryce

I posted recently that i really like the idea of Adam Hills being involved. I think this could be a really good appointment. He loves RL, and a great advocate for disability RL too. i think he will get the right balance of serious and humour in his presentation
I was disappointed by the news I was hoping the C4 would think outside the box with its coverage I love Hills passion for the sport but as a presenter he makes my teeth itch
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Who is this Adam Hills? Thank you 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:41 pm
the pieman wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:04 pm Just seen on twitter the C4 presentation team for Leeds v Wire is Adam Hills with Sinfield and Pryce

I was disappointed by the news I was hoping the C4 would think outside the box with its coverage I love Hills passion for the sport but as a presenter he makes my teeth itch
Outside the box? Who were you thinking ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:30 pm Who is this Adam Hills? Thank you 😊
The Last Leg on C4
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Id love to see them get Roy Keane in for a few games, i dont see why that not achievable hes a big fan of rugby league and contracted with Sky seems missing a trick because he's also a great one liner dropper, he trends on twitter nearly every time hes on a match in the footy
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure