Wire v Leeds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Gaznier

Re: Wire v Leeds

Post by Gaznier »

Thought amor was very good in commentary.

Very impressed for a first game by ch4
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Gaznier wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:00 pm Thought amor was very good in commentary.

Agreed,very surprised how good it was
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Excellent game overall! Hopefully many newcomers found it entertaining! Good to see Sir Lindsay in the crowd too!

Excellent effort from Leeds overall, that said, I don't expect the same score line we got last time Leeds came to the DW!

Leon isn't the first and wont be last to have a little slip of the tongue! :D
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:08 pm Nice see Bentley hasn't changed good game though
He cost Leeds the game.
Shaun Wane Legend

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

Agree with others. The coverage was a refreshing change. I don’t have a problem with the Sky boys but it’s nice to hear the rules and players roles being explained. The commentary was very good. Well done Channel 4 and hopefully the channel will show more games along with Sky.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:43 pm
Gaznier wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:00 pm Thought amor was very good in commentary.

Agreed,very surprised how good it was
Agreed. Excellent match both sides gave us an exciting game with excellent try's from both teams. A joy to watch. Couldn't pick a man of the match all the players , for a game so early in the season, each team playing as a unit was commendable, so I've gone for the Referee and his Assistants. All in all a great advert for our game!
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:48 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:26 pm Great commentary and Amor was an excellent summeriser.
The pitch interviews will be better in summer but this time of year then surely they should be in a studio at the ground.
Far, far better than SKY and CH4 will improve.
No doubt Leon Pryce will get a trollocking for what he said. Bet the producer was going crazy!
A good Leeds team there but what a dreadful pitch.
What did he say Ted? Must have missed it 😳
Was this the mention of Rugby League being much better than Union? It was a bit risky only a few mins into the coverage
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:24 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:08 pm Nice see Bentley hasn't changed good game though
He cost Leeds the game.
I agree,typical of him though wasn’t it?
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

wasnt able to watch the game on Saturday as plans changed

got it on now before i start work

impressed with the pre-match build up. if the next 9 games coverage is as good as the bit i have seen so far, then i can certainly see more games on C4 next year. May also give Sky a kick up the arse, if they see what C4 have done is such a short time
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:48 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:26 pm Great commentary and Amor was an excellent summeriser.
The pitch interviews will be better in summer but this time of year then surely they should be in a studio at the ground.
Far, far better than SKY and CH4 will improve.
No doubt Leon Pryce will get a trollocking for what he said. Bet the producer was going crazy!
A good Leeds team there but what a dreadful pitch.
What did he say Ted? Must have missed it 😳
Pryce said Powell will get Warrington in at half time and give them a bollocking, then said i mean a rollocking.

Sam thought it was hilarious and even Adam Hills asked Powell later if he did give them a rollocking.

Even the chat between Sam and Williams was good, compared to the shocker between Grace and Phil Clarke.