Jai Field

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Jai Field

Post by josie andrews »

Jai Field is top of the leaderboard for the Steve Prescott Man of Steel

https://twitter.com/superleague/status/ ... 68552?s=12
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Re: Jai Field

Post by morley pie eater »

Not a betting man, but was interested to see who else was in the frame for MoS.

Field 5/1
Lomax 6/1
Sezer 10/1
Cust + Welsby 12/1
Williams + Pearce 14/1

20/1 bar these.

These are from oddschecker, so are best available.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

My pick for this season, keep it up Jai :)

I was expecting to see a certain Hooker mentioned seeing as he made the top 5 in 2 of the 3 categories of the Round 1 Stats Tracker 8-)
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:56 pm My pick for this season, keep it up Jai :)

I was expecting to see a certain Hooker mentioned seeing as he made the top 5 in 2 of the 3 categories of the Round 1 Stats Tracker 8-)
A long shot, but worth a fiver?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I hate to be a negative nelly but seeing the topic I thought he was either injured or didn't want to play for the club anymore :roll:
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I have to say I feared the worst when Jai was ankle tapped on his way to scoring his length of field try.

When he started to stumble slightly I thought he was going to do his hamstring again !

He did hand over goalkicking duties after that though but in hindsight that probably was to get a breather...

Must have done his confidence a world of good being able to open up like that - especially in winter conditions.

In terms of position when Bevan is back fuly fit, I think they will move Jai to the halves and Bevan back to FB -I don't think Bevan or Jai are big enough to carry the ball out from their line as wingers - unless we do something like swapping KPP/Zak to the wing for kick returns......
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:14 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:56 pm My pick for this season, keep it up Jai :)

A long shot, but worth a fiver?
I'll be putting a tenner on Jai if I can find somewhere, all betting shops here are gone
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Big Steve wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:41 am I have to say I feared the worst when Jai was ankle tapped on his way to scoring his length of field try.

When he started to stumble slightly I thought he was going to do his hamstring again !

He did hand over goalkicking duties after that though but in hindsight that probably was to get a breather...

Must have done his confidence a world of good being able to open up like that - especially in winter conditions.

In terms of position when Bevan is back fuly fit, I think they will move Jai to the halves and Bevan back to FB -I don't think Bevan or Jai are big enough to carry the ball out from their line as wingers - unless we do something like swapping KPP/Zak to the wing for kick returns......
I said exactly the same thing to my friend at the side of me that he was lucky he didn’t tweak his hamstring with that ankle tap & it seemed to confirm it when Zak did the conversion 😊 I bet it ran through Jai’s mind too!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Quite right too. Let’s get that option exercised!
He has such a deceptive running style - you only appreciative how fast he is moving when you see him leaving everyone behind.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:34 pm Quite right too. Let’s get that option exercised!
He has such a deceptive running style - you only appreciative how fast he is moving when you see him leaving everyone behind.
I am not sure there is an option to extend his contract. I don’t recall ever seeing one mentioned like they did with Ellis and Cust.

It would be a new 1 year contract. Nonetheless, hope we are engaging with him on this!
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."