Wigan squad for Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
kevbrown1980

Re: Wigan squad for Huddersfield

Post by kevbrown1980 »

Leeds v Catalan is on Sky tonight
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

mjdodge13 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:22 am Is the game on TV? Or Wigan TV? Strange being on a Thursday and not televised.
It isn’t strange.

It will be linked to Wigan athletic playing on Saturday. No other reason.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We play it sunday and will probably put 3-5 thousand extra bodies in the ground…… its about time we went alone
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Are evening games always going to be 8 pm KOs now? Weren't they usually 7.45 last season?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:12 pm Are evening games always going to be 8 pm KOs now? Weren't they usually 7.45 last season?
Yup seems to have reverted back to 8pm

Chuffing cold one that glad of the result now to try and get home
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Not a great match but did feel sorry for the players. That was cold, very cold. Poor sods having to play rugby in that. No wonder Marshall kept coming inside looking for the ball, only way to keep less than freezing.

Well done, a win is a win.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:12 pm
moto748 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:12 pm Are evening games always going to be 8 pm KOs now? Weren't they usually 7.45 last season?

Dunno about you, I got absolutely drenched walking back to the car, had to drive straight home and into the shower! :P

Decent performance against a strong side, though, in the conditions. Tommy rolling back the years in fine style! :D
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:44 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:12 pm

Dunno about you, I got absolutely drenched walking back to the car, had to drive straight home and into the shower! :P

Decent performance against a strong side, though, in the conditions. Tommy rolling back the years in fine style! :D
Yup both of us drenched I'd say of the 3 games weather wise tonight was the worst.

Good performance against a good giants side,Tommy as you say is defying the years a d looks the best he's been for a good while now,Cust though I do like,not of the "pass it to me,pass it to me"school but a player who seems to drift in and out and make his touch tell he's only going to get better to I hope
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah Cust is certainly not Jackson Hastings II. And, as you say, none the worst for that. Apparently ST went off for Catalans tonight. I wonder if he'll be fit for Wigan? I expect so.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well I have just got back after a detour to Rochdale of all places. My son came over from Leeds but being disorganised forget to check the trains back and there weren’t any. :shock:

So had to drive through the weather including standing water on the M62 and snow to get him to a train.

Just as well we won after given that. I am sure the conditions were difficult but we were our own worst enemy at times. How many repeat sets in our own 20m area did we gift them with stupid mistakes and penalties?

Defence was very good. Hudds are a big side and their no 11, Jones had a good game.