Cust: Play my game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Cust: Play my game

Post by josie andrews »

Cade Cust was happy to get the two points as Wigan played out a 22-12 win over Huddersfield Giants.

Cust: “It’s good to have these types of games, it’s easy to look back and see where we can improve.”

FT | Wigan Warriors 22-12 Huddersfield Giants.

Cade Cust was happy to take the two points on Thursday evening as the Warriors played out a tough test to get the win over Huddersfield Giants.

“It’s good to have these types of games, it’s easy to look back and see where we can improve, we ground out the win but we got the two points so we’re happy with that,” Cust said.

The stand off was forced to leave the field following a head injury in the first minute but was given the all clear and returned to the field later in the first half. On the injury, Cust explained: “I watched the video back, I clashed with Willie’s head and he’s probably the worst person in the squad to hit, he’s got a hard head. There was a bit of pain in the top of my head but I came in and did some tests and I was fine and I was glad to come back on.”

Following his return to the field, Cust made an instant impact sending Liam Farrell over for his second of the game: “I wanted to make up for the time that I was off the field, just get back out there and play my game.”

The Warriors now have a period of preparation before a double bill trip to France which sees them face Toulouse, before playing Catalans a week later. On the trip, Cust said: “I haven’t been to France before, I’m looking forward to spending the week with all the boys, we’re a really close group so it’ll be good to spend the time with them, playing two games over there and hopefully we can come home with two more wins.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/02/ ... y-my-game/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan