NRL clubs reportedly set to make huge offer for Wigan Warriors star

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: NRL clubs reportedly set to make huge offer for Wigan Warriors star

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:06 pm
bertina wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:22 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:26 pm I thought KPP was in his first year of a four year deal.
If he is approached by NRL then certainly offer him a new deal. If KPP signs that's great, if he refuses then hold him to his current contract.
Personally KPP looks delighted with the way his game at Wigan is going and improving.
With him just turned 21 then he may be better off re-signing on a new deal at Wigan. Hope so!
I agree with you Ted, he may be better off staying here for the time being.
Going to the NRL too soon doesn't always work out. Look what happened to Joe Burgess.
IF the lad fulfills the potential he is showing, he could become really hot property, then, with a bit more experience under his belt, the NRL clubs would be queueing up to pay him a fortune.
I don’t think Joe Burgess went too soon. Before signing for the NRL he was unplayable. His form did seem to dip when he had signed the contract.

The issue was he joined a very strong Roosters team and I think they signed someone very good after his signing which pushed him out of the starting 13 before playing a game.

When he went on loan to the Rabbitohs he did good and from memory didn’t want to come back but had already agreed to do so!
Disagree about Burgess age at his time he went down under a little older and he could have seen what he was walking Into at the roosters and surely limited game time,that said Ryan Hall did the same thing and it didn't work out either so who knows I suppose.

But a couple of more years on him and I doubt he'd have come back at all.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

JB presumably went to the Roosters with the idea that he would replace Daniel Tupou. It soon became clear that that was never going to be the case. The Rabbitohs would have been happy to keep him, though.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Best offloading ability we've had since Gaz Hock. If he stays beyond his current contract I'd be delightfully amazed.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Bit of a tricky one this!

No one can doubt the huge potential KPP has and for me, its really impressive how fast he has hit the ground running over the past 13/14 months. Frankly, id be surprised if NRL clubs weren't interested (even at such an early stage of his career).

Do we need to secure KPP? Yes absolutely! Showing his versatility already at centre and his offloading and ballhandling speaks for itself.

If he goes, the concern is, if he returns, I haven't seen many who go from us in glory and return either the same of better? For KPP, 3 or 4 seasons in the NRL will set him up for life and RL can be a career cut short in 80 mins of playing! I'm presuming to secure KPP long-term (presuming he'd want to stay), its down to the cheque book and incentives etc?