Referees Challenge

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ddtftf

Referees Challenge

Post by ddtftf »

This is a great part of the NRL game and takes a lot of frustration out of some blatant bad calls from referees, you would be surprised how many calls from the referees are proved to be wrong calls & it gets justice to a bad call
moto748

Re: Referees Challenge

Post by moto748 »

The English game can't even manage a video ref at every game, which is a prerequisite for the CC.

It is a good system though, if the facilities are there. I don't think it points to any great failings from the refs, though. And I remain in my long-held views that the NRL refs are way superior to ours.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

That possibly because the players are more disciplined :?: :lol:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

moto748 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:18 am The English game can't even manage a video ref at every game, which is a prerequisite for the CC.

It is a good system though, if the facilities are there. I don't think it points to any great failings from the refs, though. And I remain in my long-held views that the NRL refs are way superior to ours.
I agree on the whole, the only thing I would add is that the NRL is more superior in every aspect.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:51 pm
moto748 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:18 am The English game can't even manage a video ref at every game, which is a prerequisite for the CC.

I agree on the whole, the only thing I would add is that the NRL is more superior in every aspect.
As it should be given the money swilling around over there
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:20 pm

Money does not always deliver success. The Aussies have dominated this sport for half a century and it is not all down to money.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:19 am

Money does not always deliver success. The Aussies have dominated this sport for half a century and it is not all down to money.
But it does though football has money here and is seen as the world's best in some quarters the infrastructure that money allows can't be underestimated we in this country never anything like the money to stop the talent drain,
pedro

Post by pedro »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:37 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:19 am

But it does though football has money here and is seen as the world's best in some quarters the infrastructure that money allows can't be underestimated we in this country never anything like the money to stop the talent drain,
but their VAR system is poor and doesnt work
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Maybe we could lend them Ben Thaler.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I think it's a good idea - but I've also seen alot of calls where the player is blatantly at fault and still calls for a ref's challenge - most by props I think ;-)