Disciplinary

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
WarriorWinger

Re: Disciplinary

Post by WarriorWinger »

archiekeith wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:54 am I agree in principle. However in cases you refer to had the tackler rolled away on completion of the tackle or as I have seen on many occasions the player is still being not allowed to regain their feet has the rules require. We all know It's called slowing the game down a practice not recognised by
the rule,Constitution or spirit of the game which generally are so drafted to mediate the speed of. the game
To be honest slowing the game down and lying on in the tackle is an art form in itself, knowing just how long you can get away with it, to slow the play down enough for the defensive line to set and not get pinged for it, like it or not every coach in the game (including the NRL) will tell their players to control the ruck speed i.e. slow them down for as long as you can, they just get off quicker in the NRL

But usually the player lying on is on the upper body of the attacker, the attacker then proceeds to kick the legs directly into the air to simulate trying to get up off the floor, even with no defenders lying on them they would never get up kicking out like that, it is just a gesture to the ref that they are being held down and are trying to get up, they could keep their feet on the ground and thrust their upper body up and down (like the good old days) instead of kicking out and potentialy hitting a defender in the face
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:50 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:29 pm Does anyone know why Charnley got banned?
Kicking out at Drinkwater.
Thank you Josie. I think Josh has been hard done to, I can’t see that his actions warranted a ban let alone a two game suspension. The game has gone mad!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:21 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:29 pm Does anyone know why Charnley got banned?
Thank you Josie. I think Josh has been hard done to, I can’t see that his actions warranted a ban let alone a two game suspension. The game has gone mad!

Mm!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

it carries on being sanitised, I can see loads of fans walking away over the coming seasons, gone very very soft
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

pedro wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:48 pm

it carries on being sanitised, I can see loads of fans walking away over the coming seasons, gone very very soft
There was a segment on Sky sports last night after the Leeds game on the new laws and concussion, Barry Mac was saying something similiar in that fans want to see tough action, cut out the illegal stuff (punches etc) but they still want to have the hard hitting tackles. He also made a good point about sending players off all the time and the toll it puts on the rest who have to defend with a man down which in tirn leads to sloppy tackles due to fatigue, he says the refs should be talking to players in the first instance if it does not look like a deliberate high tackle
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I didn't realize there were that many fans of kicking out in the tackle! It's what were all here to see. That and high shots.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mike wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:25 pm

I didn't realize there were that many fans of kicking out in the tackle! It's what were all here to see. That and high shots.
banned for it though.....pathetic, half the high shots given arent high :lol:
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

So half the high shots aren't high. Well that's admiSsIon that half of them are high!
pedro

Post by pedro »

archiekeith wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:28 pm So half the high shots aren't high. Well that's admiSsIon that half of them are high!
well ...yeah, I dont think anyone said there were NO high tackles, thanks for the input :roll:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Not looking good for Ellis and Singleton banned:

Wigan Warriors prop Brad Singleton has been charged with a Grade B (Late Hit on Passer) and has been given a two-match penalty notice.

Wigan team-mate Kade Ellis, meanwhile, has been charged with Grade E (Punching) and has been referred to Tribunal following his sending off during Saturday’s 28-0 defeat at Catalans Dragons.

Dragons player Jordan Dezaria has similarly been charged with Grade E (Punching) which has also referred been to Tribunal.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... dium=email