Disciplinary

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
medlocke

Re: Disciplinary

Post by medlocke »

Can't wait for touch rugby, Bring it on
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

archiekeith wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:43 am Blindside prop. Sounds like your an exponent of "thugby" ?which is not RL as stated by the rules constituting the game. Doctors should never be ignored Where the the wellbeing of players is concerned. It's basic common sence!
And you are obviously a netball fan, which if we carry on will be more robust than Rugby League.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

blindsideprop wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:11 am
archiekeith wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:43 am Blindside prop. Sounds like your an exponent of "thugby" ?which is not RL as stated by the rules constituting the game. Doctors should never be ignored Where the the wellbeing of players is concerned. It's basic common sence!
And you are obviously a netball fan, which if we carry on will be more robust than Rugby League.
I
On the contrary I'm aRugby League fan for many years. I enjoy a robust game played within the rules of the game. I enjoy the skills in game when played properly And collision attacks Are neither skilful nor tackles and potentially dangerous If you enjoy the biff and bash go to a boxing tournament. At least the contestants are defending themselves whereas
the recipient o a collision "tackle" isn't. He's trying to progress the ball within the rules of the game In fact most of the high shots if done on the street could constitute A criminal offence.

a proper tackle takes skill and courage. A crash "tackle" takes no skill And in my opinion is A cowardly act!
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

medlocke wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:06 pm Can't wait for touch rugby, Bring it on
As long as you don,t touch them too hard it will be ok. I think i will change sports and watch something with a bit more aggression like netball :roll:
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

blindsideprop wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:50 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:06 pm Can't wait for touch rugby, Bring it on
As long as you don,t touch them too hard it will be ok. I think i will change sports and watch something with a bit more aggression like netball :roll:
Knitting is more relaxing so I'm told The aggression springs when a stitch is dropped or you'stitched one instead of pearled one :D
pedro

Post by pedro »

archiekeith wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:35 am
I
On the contrary I'm aRugby League fan for many years. I enjoy a robust game played within the rules of the game. I enjoy the skills in game when played properly And collision attacks Are neither skilful nor tackles and potentially dangerous If you enjoy the biff and bash go to a boxing tournament. At least the contestants are defending themselves whereas
the recipient o a collision "tackle" isn't. He's trying to progress the ball within the rules of the game In fact most of the high shots if done on the street could constitute A criminal offence.

a proper tackle takes skill and courage. A crash "tackle" takes no skill And in my opinion is A cowardly act!
utter nonsence, all tackles are "collision tackles"...whats a "crash tackle"......I take it youve never played the game
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

archiekeith wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:26 pm
blindsideprop wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:50 pm
Knitting is more relaxing so I'm told The aggression springs when a stitch is dropped or you'stitched one instead of pearled one :D
I think i have wasted enough words on you,carry on with your knitting,end of story.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

pedro wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:27 pm

I

utter nonsence, all tackles are "collision tackles"...whats a "crash tackle"......I take it youve never played the game
Is that a rhetorical question.? If not the answer is in your post "all tackles are collision tackles ". Also there is an obvious synonymy between "crash and collision isn't there? As to your assumption my answer is implicit in a previous post re-this topic.
--
pedro

Post by pedro »

archiekeith wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:04 pm
pedro wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:27 pm
I

Is that a rhetorical question.? If not the answer is in your post "all tackles are collision tackles ". Also there is an obvious synonymy between "crash and collision isn't there? As to your assumption my answer is implicit in a previous post re-this topic.
--
no its not, there is no skill in a collision takcle? All tackles are collision tackles that take timing, strength and technique to execute, like I asked before...what is a crash tackle? There is a crash ball but not a crash tackle, surely cant understand how it would be a cowardly act...no cowards on a pitch
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Sensible comments by Aaron Bower in The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... -155492211

Add your views to the comments, or at least like the ones you agree with, and it may make the Guardian see that there is interest in good RL reporting.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐