Ellis banned

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Ellis banned

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:05 am
Big Steve wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:40 am If he was retaliating what was Ellis retaliating for ?

If he was retaliating for the swinging arm to his head whilst on the ground - which is plain to see by everyone, why was Dezaris not charged for that as a separate incident ?
to be fair i haven't read the the outcome and i assumed the swinging arm was what he got the 3 match ban for

The only way i could explain that is maybe they have classed the swinging arm as a punch and the start of the fight
But he also threw punches after that incident, so how has he got his case downgraded?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:06 pm
jobo wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:14 pm
Graham1 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:12 pm Ellis receives 5 matches. Desarias gets 3 matches. Work that one out!
Paul Cullen is on the Disciplinary Committee.
Nail on the head :)

Are you two seriously suggesting that the reason for the disparity is spiteful personal bias against Wigan?

Well, are you?
As I've remarked before, if you really believe the sport is that Mickey Mouse, they'd be no point following it.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:53 am

Are you two seriously suggesting that the reason for the disparity is spiteful personal bias against Wigan?

Well, are you?
As I've remarked before, if you really believe the sport is that Mickey Mouse, they'd be no point following it.
Since you demand an answer - it was a tongue in cheek response on a forum.
Please don't assume my opinions, I love RL and Wigan and have worked to get the sport off the ground in the South West of England.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:38 am
Big Steve wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:40 am If he was retaliating what was Ellis retaliating for ?

If he was retaliating for the swinging arm to his head whilst on the ground - which is plain to see by everyone, why was Dezaris not charged for that as a separate incident ?
to be fair i haven't read the the outcome and i assumed the swinging arm was what he got the 3 match ban for

The only way i could explain that is maybe they have classed the swinging arm as a punch and the start of the fight
But he also threw punches after that incident, so how has he got his case downgraded?
Because it would still be instigator vs retaliator

They are always keen to make sure the person who reacts gets punished more - theyve added a rule this year if youre the 3rd man in and throw a punch its an instant 8 match ban
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

5 matches for throwing a punch,its absolutely unbelievable.What would he have got if he had thrown 3 or 4,sine die?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:36 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:38 am

Because it would still be instigator vs retaliator

They are always keen to make sure the person who reacts gets punished more - theyve added a rule this year if youre the 3rd man in and throw a punch its an instant 8 match ban
In that case the Catalans lad should have faced two charges. One for the original offence and then for retaliating to the punches Ellis threw 😀
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

blindsideprop wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:44 pm 5 matches for throwing a punch,its absolutely unbelievable.What would he have got if he had thrown 3 or 4,sine die?
I have no idea but I do know if he hadn't thrown the punch he'd have got Nothing simple when will they ever learn
Perhaps if he doesn't like it he could go and play net ball :D
jobo

Post by jobo »

moto748 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:53 am

Well, are you?
It was an illogical reply to an illogical decision. I can't think of any reason why Ellis got a 5 match ban whilst the Cat's player who, imo, was the instigator, received a 3 match ban.
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

archiekeith wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:12 pm
blindsideprop wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:44 pm 5 matches for throwing a punch,its absolutely unbelievable.What would he have got if he had thrown 3 or 4,sine die?
I have no idea but I do know if he hadn't thrown the punch he'd have got Nothing simple when will they ever learn
With you?
pedro

Post by pedro »

archiekeith wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:12 pm
doesnt like taking a high shot on the floor? most people would react....except the ref as he didnt