WIGAN TO SNAKE HELENS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
saint

Re: WIGAN TO SNAKE HELENS

Post by saint »

French ? Cust? Smithies ? To name just a few of the aforementioned. And where would you play these players ? instead of who ?

French is a good 100m runner and can do little else , Cust not seen enough of him but what I have, offers very little and Smithies is an average squad player . Started with massive potential and levelled out and even regressed a little when he rid himself of is ‘ well hard ‘ attitude . In days gone by, Farrell and Bateman yes , but not now . You have played in one tough game and Cust , Field offered nothing .

Good Friday soon 👀
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I commend everyones thoughts about our players, they seem to be in general very good players. It's a pity we have a poor team and will win nothing this season in my humble opinion How does that work with all these good players????

Again in my opinion most of our players are not good enough to win anything, they are not top players in super league but merely average players who try!

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

saint wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:10 am French ? Cust? Smithies ? To name just a few of the aforementioned. And where would you play these players ? instead of who ?

French is a good 100m runner and can do little else , Cust not seen enough of him but what I have, offers very little and Smithies is an average squad player . Started with massive potential and levelled out and even regressed a little when he rid himself of is ‘ well hard ‘ attitude . In days gone by, Farrell and Bateman yes , but not now . You have played in one tough game and Cust , Field offered nothing .

Good Friday soon 👀
That’s a bit better. I think you are struggling a bit for facts. You can’t suggest that French is rubbish, as everyone who has seen him play knows he is a very exciting player. You have a free hit to criticise Powell, as that would gain support on here (though be careful as a lot of the “insiders” think he’s really good).

Looking at it the other way, the only Saints players I would like to see join us are Roby (a true great), Walmsley, that aggressive loose forward (he’s really good) and Percival. From what I have seen the others are no better or worse than what we have.

I am really looking forward to Good Friday. I think our lads will leave nothing out there. If there is one thing that the new coaching team understand it’s the importance above all else of that game.
saint

Post by saint »

Hi EW.

I never said French was rubbish I would not discredit any super league player as being rubbish . In terms of the question posed , I would’nt swap French with any of our players because I don't rate him over what we have . I believe he is one dimensional and would not improve the dynamic at Saints in whatever position he played .

If that’s what you think about Saints players then that’s your view so fair enough . I certainly won’t challenge it . But not mentioning Knowles as a player you would want makes me wonder how much you have watched him / us over the last few years. Welsby is a 9/10 player in every position he plays in consistently and is an integral part of our success . I would swap him for nobody .

On Good Friday , it is the best day in the RL calendar . Absolutely love it . Wake up buzzing . Have a few beers in pubs and good Rugby chat and banter prior to the game . Always an intense atmosphere , hyped up fans and two great rugby clubs battling it out more than just 2 points .
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

It’s the unpredictability that make it such an exciting fixture. Both form and home advantage go out the window. I bet there have been more upsets and unexpected results in this fixture than any other. Underestimate the opposition at your peril.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Powell for Roby any day of the week
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Just seen the score from France...Hahahaha hahaha!!!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:58 pm Just seen the score from France...Hahahaha hahaha!!!
But they had three players missing through injury!
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

saint wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:53 pm You are all deluded
Just like Toulouse! Stick around for the rest of the season! :lol:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:00 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:58 pm Just seen the score from France...Hahahaha hahaha!!!
But they had three players missing through injury!
Shows how much they rely on Walmsley.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.