Toulouse

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
blindsideprop

Re: Toulouse

Post by blindsideprop »

Never been so happy since the Mother in Law had piles.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

blindsideprop wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:34 am Never been so happy since the Mother in Law had piles.
:lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kristian Woolf surprised by 'casual' Saints after Toulouse defeat

COACH Kristian Woolf was surprised and disappointed with the casual manner in which Saints let their 100 per cent record slip away with Saturday’s 22-20 defeat in Toulouse.

From the off there were some uncharacteristic features on display; that showed itself from some casual errors like the fielding the kicks offs or lacking that same effort and intensity in defence.

They looked like they had got away with it when they led 20-12 going into the final quarter, but fell to two late tries.

Woolf said: “I am disappointed. We were well off the mark and well off where we have been for the first five weeks.

“It was not something we saw coming and had trained well all week but obviously if you look at the start we were quite casual with a number of things and that hurt us.

The biggest indicator of that was that we have conceded 28 points in the first five games against some of the leading teams in the competition, but conceded 22 tonight.

“That shows that we were not quite as committed as we usually are.”

Toulouse, backed by the vocal fans, raised their game and showed a real doggedness and determination to secure their first ever win in the top-flight.

Woolf was less surprised by what the opposition brought, than his own side’s display.

“It was very much of our own doing,” he said.

“For the first five rounds that is what we have done, but we have let ourselves down.

I was more surprised by us than I was Toulouse. We knew what game we were coming for and that Toulouse would bring some tricks for this game after what they did against Warrington and Wigan, and play with energy and with nothing to lose.

“I was surprised how far off we were from the way we started the year.

“We usually defend with such intensity – defence is something we pride ourselves on, but we just didn’t have that about us.

Full credit to Toulouse – there were a couple of times when we got on top and looked like we had the opportunity to run away with it, but they hung in there.

They found a real energy at the back end and scored some good tries as well.

“We need to look at what we have done and learn from it.

“The fact is in this comp if you are a little bit off and don’t get your prep right you are going to get burnt.”

There had been chatter in the build up, given how invincible Saints looked, whether they could go the year defeated.

But seeking that unlikely achievement was never on the minds of anyone at the club

We never talked about going through the season unbeaten – we just want a real consistency in our effort and how we play,” Woolf said.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/20 ... se-defeat/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Full credit to Toulouse but its wasn't them it was us.

Straight from the Daryl Powell after game booklet that.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:19 pm Full credit to Toulouse but its wasn't them it was us.

Straight from the Daryl Powell after game booklet that.
😂😂 That’s what I thought funnily enough! No praise for the opposition whatsoever!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just seen the trys……saints first 3 tries were forward and i see that superstar welsby wasnt so clever again…..happy with result
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE