Disciplinary

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Disciplinary

Post by Charriots Offiah »

archiekeith wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:04 pm
pedro wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:27 pm
archiekeith wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:35 am
I
On the contrary I'm aRugby League fan for many years. I enjoy a robust game played within the rules of the game. I enjoy the skills in game when played properly And collision attacks Are neither skilful nor tackles and potentially dangerous If you enjoy the biff and bash go to a boxing tournament. At least the contestants are defending themselves whereas
the recipient o a collision "tackle" isn't. He's trying to progress the ball within the rules of the game In fact most of the high shots if done on the street could constitute A criminal offence.

a proper tackle takes skill and courage. A crash "tackle" takes no skill And in my opinion is A cowardly act!
utter nonsence, all tackles are "collision tackles"...whats a "crash tackle"......I take it youve never played the game
Is that a rhetorical question.? If not the answer is in your post "all tackles are collision tackles ". Also there is an obvious synonymy between "crash and collision isn't there? As to your assumption my answer is implicit in a previous post re-this topic.
--
If you want to reduce the collision then you have to reduce the distance between the defensive line and the attacking line which should, in theory, bring more skill into the game rather than brawn.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Point taken Chariots. Wigan Forever 1985 makes the same point. I. think anything that gives emphasis to skills of our game rather than batter and brawn having the wellbeing foremost in the players and coaches minds is essential. It doesn't make our game less robust no it makes it more so and improves the spectacle for the fans
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Watched Ireland RU play Scotland. Not really a union fan. However the discipline on show could teach RL a thing or two. Proper tackles No high tackles. No collision attacks Proper scrums well formed and binding although the scrum half still fed ball to the second row when scrum was "set".I was pleasantly surprised at the speed of the game. Irish coached by Andy Farrell.
France beating England denied the Irish a Grand Slam"so to speak. However Shaun Edwards is the defence coach of France. Wouldn't it be great if RL got rid of scrums and Warriors recruited both Faarrell and Edwards not forgetting Owen has halfback I'll dream on
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

The disciplinary will provably decide who wins at the end of the season the way the bans are piling up for teams
pedro

Post by pedro »

archiekeith wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:31 pm Watched Ireland RU play Scotland. Not really a union fan. However the discipline on show could teach RL a thing or two. Proper tackles No high tackles. No collision attacks Proper scrums well formed and binding although the scrum half still fed ball to the second row when scrum was "set".I was pleasantly surprised at the speed of the game. Irish coached by Andy Farrell.
France beating England denied the Irish a Grand Slam"so to speak. However Shaun Edwards is the defence coach of France. Wouldn't it be great if RL got rid of scrums and Warriors recruited both Faarrell and Edwards not forgetting Owen has halfback I'll dream on
how could Ireland win the grand slam when France had already beaten them weeks ago?
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

pedro wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:52 pm
archiekeith wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:31 pm Watched Ireland RU play Scotland. Not really a union fan. However the discipline on show could teach RL a thing or two. Proper tackles No high tackles. No collision attacks Proper scrums well formed and binding although the scrum half still fed ball to the second row when scrum was "set".I was pleasantly surprised at the speed of the game. Irish coached by Andy Farrell.
how could Ireland win the grand slam when France had already beaten them weeks ago?
Because in the 6 nations they play for all sorts of things within the competition

the grand slam, is beating all other 5 nations, but equally if you beat the home nations (Triple Crown i think it is called) they claim recognition and i think the reference for Ireland was winning the 6 nations if results went their way (which they didnt)

plus there are also things like the Calcutta Cup (Eng v Sco) and i think there are several others, although i dont have any idea who competes for them or what they are called
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

just on the 6 nations there was an England player sent off a couple of weeks ago about a minute into the game, so they are clamping down on foul play where appropriate.

I havent seen the game / tackle but had seen a headline after the game.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... th-ireland

Reading the article, he was due a 6 week ban, reduced to 3 for accepting it was a red card, said he was sorry and previous good record. He can also do a tackle technique course to reduce it by a further week

the charge is for a head on head tackle, so can only assume he tackled his opponent with his yed?

just read the article and the bit at the end is quite interesting. He went off straight away with concussion, so took no further part in the game. You can now see why in both codes the disciplinary is looking at tackling / tackling technique if someone has had concussion on such a regular occurrence

"Leinster and Ireland second row Ryan will not be considered for selection against Scotland in Dublin on Saturday as a result of concussion picked up due to the incident.

Ryan has undergone 10 Head Injury Assessments (HIA) in his professional career to date, including seven in the past 15 months."
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the Will Pryce "tackle" from the weekend, if punching is 5 games the head slam he carried out should carry 8 or 9 it was horrific

this is from twitter so very grainy

https://twitter.com/DJB2708/status/1505 ... 6_YhA&s=19
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Lazy J wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:43 am It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the Will Pryce "tackle" from the weekend, if punching is 5 games the head slam he carried out should carry 8 or 9 it was horrific

this is from twitter so very grainy

https://twitter.com/DJB2708/status/1505 ... 6_YhA&s=19

is that the one where he WWE body slams someone? have seen something earlier, but quality was poor as you say
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

that's the one
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!