Disciplinary

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jobo

Re: Disciplinary

Post by jobo »

Lazy J wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:43 am It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the Will Pryce "tackle" from the weekend, if punching is 5 games the head slam he carried out should carry 8 or 9 it was horrific

this is from twitter so very grainy

https://twitter.com/DJB2708/status/1505 ... 6_YhA&s=19
Shocker that.
pedro

Post by pedro »

the pieman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:19 am
pedro wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:52 pm
archiekeith wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:31 pm Watched Ireland RU play Scotland. Not really a union fan. However the discipline on show could teach RL a thing or two. Proper tackles No high tackles. No collision attacks Proper scrums well formed and binding although the scrum half still fed ball to the second row when scrum was "set".I was pleasantly surprised at the speed of the game. Irish coached by Andy Farrell.
France beating England denied the Irish a Grand Slam"so to speak. However Shaun Edwards is the defence coach of France. Wouldn't it be great if RL got rid of scrums and Warriors recruited both Faarrell and Edwards not forgetting Owen has halfback I'll dream on
how could Ireland win the grand slam when France had already beaten them weeks ago?
Because in the 6 nations they play for all sorts of things within the competition

the grand slam, is beating all other 5 nations, but equally if you beat the home nations (Triple Crown i think it is called) they claim recognition and i think the reference for Ireland was winning the 6 nations if results went their way (which they didnt)

plus there are also things like the Calcutta Cup (Eng v Sco) and i think there are several others, although i dont have any idea who competes for them or what they are called
So my question still stands....
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

jobo wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:10 pm
Lazy J wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:43 am It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the Will Pryce "tackle" from the weekend, if punching is 5 games the head slam he carried out should carry 8 or 9 it was horrific

this is from twitter so very grainy

https://twitter.com/DJB2708/status/1505 ... 6_YhA&s=19
Shocker that.
Well it’s a grade F charge.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

pedro wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:02 pm
pedro wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:52 pm

how could Ireland win the grand slam when France had already beaten them weeks ago?
Because in the 6 nations they play for all sorts of things within the competition

the grand slam, is beating all other 5 nations, but equally if you beat the home nations (Triple Crown i think it is called) they claim recognition and i think the reference for Ireland was winning the 6 nations if results went their way (which they didnt)

plus there are also things like the Calcutta Cup (Eng v Sco) and i think there are several others, although i dont have any idea who competes for them or what they are called
The answer is in the reply.

They weren’t on for the grand slam.

Someone made a mistake suggesting they were.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Christ on a bike, did he think he was in the WWF :o
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:51 pm
pedro wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:02 pm

The answer is in the reply.

They weren’t on for the grand slam.

Someone made a mistake suggesting they were.
by the look of their posts its not the only mistake they have made...
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

the pieman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:29 am just on the 6 nations there was an England player sent off a couple of weeks ago about a minute into the game, so they are clamping down on foul play where appropriate.

I havent seen the game / tackle but had seen a headline after the game.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... th-ireland

Reading the article, he was due a 6 week ban, reduced to 3 for accepting it was a red card, said he was sorry and previous good record. He can also do a tackle technique course to reduce it by a further week

the charge is for a head on head tackle, so can only assume he tackled his opponent with his yed?

just read the article and the bit at the end is quite interesting. He went off straight away with concussion, so took no further part in the game. You can now see why in both codes the disciplinary is looking at tackling / tackling technique if someone has had concussion on such a regular occurrence

"Leinster and Ireland second row Ryan will not be considered for selection against Scotland in Dublin on Saturday as a result of concussion picked up due to the incident.

Ryan has undergone 10 Head Injury Assessments (HIA) in his professional career to date, including seven in the past 15 months."
Seen the tackle its not even a sending off. He goes for ball and all rackle but both contact with the head. Sorry but both union and league us becoming boring to watch. Not saying bad ones like Morley for GB should be allowed but if you contact ball then bounce up its red card.

Players get injured but accidental head shots should never be red.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It was a head clash in the tackle. And in union, they don't really like 'upright' tackles (as they term it) in the first place, So the nett result is, if there's head-to-head contact, that's considered the responsibility of the tackler, and he's likely to see red. For all we moan, I think the reffing generally in this area is more sensible and pragmatic in league.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

moto748 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:35 pm It was a head clash in the tackle. And in union, they don't really like 'upright' tackles (as they term it) in the first place, So the nett result is, if there's head-to-head contact, that's considered the responsibility of the tackler, and he's likely to see red. For all we moan, I think the reffing generally in this area is more sensible and pragmatic in league.
The higher the tackle the more the risks of contact with the head obviously it seems to me. So in your example RU reffing holistically is more pragmatic than it is in League or so it seems to me. Remember Des Drummond "concrete head" we called him. Led with his head in many "tackles " all of which had the propensity of being dangerous certainly in Union but not in League in fact the fans met the "hits" with acclaim.