Wigan squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Wigan squad for Salford

Post by pedro »

medlocke wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:04 am
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:33 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:23 pm Is the game on for free
You're good, Meds, I'll give you that!
I'm not paying £9.99 for one game when it clashes with Emmerdale
you will when you see the presenter :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

kevbrown1980 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:11 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:32 pm Well I’ll be there with my friend.

I cannot understand “fans” who won’t attend the cup rounds but are first in the bloody queue for finals!!

Support your team please.

The only place I won’t travel to now is France as, mainly the insurance is getting far too high for me & all my pets need caring for. Dogs cats no problem but there isn’t a place that I can take my chickens to be looked after while I go galavanting in Europe 🙁
Distance. I live in Norwich, 200 miles from Wigan and can only make a handful of games a season. If we get to a final then of course I'll be there but I can't justify spending 10 hours in a car for a Friday night cup game sadly. I would love to attend every match but it's not possible. Not everyone is within a stones throw of the stadium
Fair enough, but there are still plenty of local fans who just can’t be a**ed!

People comment on the price of tickets but it’s the RFL who make the prices 🙁
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:50 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:32 pm Well I’ll be there with my friend.

I cannot understand “fans” who won’t attend the cup rounds but are first in the bloody queue for finals!!

The only place I won’t travel to now is France as, mainly the insurance is getting far too high for me & all my pets need caring for. Dogs cats no problem but there isn’t a place that I can take my chickens to be looked after while I go galavanting in Europe 🙁
Distance. I live in Norwich, 200 miles from Wigan and can only make a handful of games a season. If we get to a final then of course I'll be there but I can't justify spending 10 hours in a car for a Friday night cup game sadly. I would love to attend every match but it's not possible. Not everyone is within a stones throw of the stadium

true but based on SL game prices, if all clubs charged 10 a ticket then the RFL wouldnt charge 30 for a round game
kevbrown1980

Post by kevbrown1980 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:50 pm

I've just booked my tickets for Easter Monday! Can't wait
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I kind of understand the comments about fans who don't attend.

My own experience is that I've been up and down in attending games over the years depending on circumstances.

I saw my first live match when I was 12. I went to as many as I could as I had to work in my Dad's shop on a Saturday, and could only see the match if my Mum covered for me. (So I probably didn't count as a true fan.)

Age 15 we moved to Yorkshire. I spent virtually all my spending money going to games with a mate who was a Wakey fan. Alternate weeks to each team. Went as far as Barrow and Workington. True fan.

After three years in Scotland (bad fan), moved back to Yorkshire and by 1980, age 29, I took my 3 year old son to his first match ("the battle of Fartown"). Over the next 20 years or so, me and my 2 lads drove over the Pennines for most Sunday home games, and saw most of the Yorkshire away games, including Hull.

Nowadays, aged 70, I go to games on my own. Gave up driving over the hill on a Friday years ago. Try to see away games at Leeds, both Hull teams, Hud, Wakey, Cas, and book into a hotel for the Saints game plus an odd other game per season.

To be honest, supporting Wigan is important to me, but not in my top 5 or possibly top 10 things in life.

Everybody has their own circumstances and makes their own decisions. Ageing parents to look after, work, or just other things to do. The club needs support from all kinds of people, not just the "every match" type.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Dave Q wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:31 am A re-run of the match will be shown on Free Sports (SKY Channel 422) at 8.30am on Sunday
Recording set up. Thanks!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:40 pm
Dave Q wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:31 am A re-run of the match will be shown on Free Sports (SKY Channel 422) at 8.30am on Sunday
Recording set up. Thanks!
Free Sports HD, Virgin Media Channel 553, recording set :)
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:42 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:33 pm

You're good, Meds, I'll give you that!
Emma Jones?, She's no Tanya Arnold
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I watch Free Sports quite a bit actually. The pool on Monday nights can be pretty good. They showed El Clasico the other day too.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:36 pm
pedro wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:42 pm

Emma Jones?, She's no Tanya Arnold
Oh i dont know meds…… you wouldnt climb over emma to get to tanya
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE