vs Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Re: vs Hull

Post by Suzieb »

If Marshall is injured we need to try Miski and I feel that bibby needs a rest play hardaker at centre
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Respect to john bateman during the game…… he clearly wanted to smack connor when he was s%#%#%#%#%g and held back…… great leadership because it must have been so tempting
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:19 pm Cust has been poor for a couple of weeks now and doesn’t get half the criticism that Smith has thrown his way.

Smith has started 2 games this season and he’s won them both with a last minute drop goal, he’s also set up 3 tries.

Not a bad return at all.

Maybe the cup game against Wakefield would be a good opportunity to see a Tommy / Smith combo.
Smithy mom. No DG no win Obviously! I'm more than interested to see how we "play "Wakey Really impressed me in their last outing.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

I thought Powell had the best running game for many years
Singleton really stepped up and made some hard yards
Mago seems to have changed his running style since the first few games and is running more lateral than direct which takes the sting out of his size
Jai Field - no need to say anything
Marshall never gets driven back when taking the early runs off our line so is great to have
Partington, hmm, all I can say is I think it is a goood job they took him off when they did and I think the coaches did it tactically knowing he was likely to give a penalty away in a kickable position and kill the game for us
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:22 am If Marshall is injured we need to try Miski and I feel that bibby needs a rest play hardaker at centre
He pulled up during the game & French took his place during the second half, although he didn’t play on the left where Marshall plays.

Isa also got a niggly leg injury, but said he would be fine & Faz ended up with an ice pack on his calf after the game.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:42 am Respect to john bateman during the game…… he clearly wanted to smack connor when he was s%#%#%#%#%g and held back…… great leadership because it must have been so tempting
Conner never been a player I respect. Last night proved to me I'm right. Don't know if anyone noticed but in the 18 seconds of respect for Ukraine. Conner spent it placing ball on centre spot and positioning for himself to kick off. 18 seconds for God's sake show some respect. Proves he has no regard for anyone.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Hull FC’s Jake Connor’s draws debate following high boot claim in Wigan Warriors loss

Last night’s game between Hull FC and Wigan Warriors was fast, frenetic and downright exciting.

Hull were leading 12-6 at half-time, but Wigan quickly came back after the break to level 12-12 once more.

However, the Black and Whites extended their lead through Chris Satae, but that man Jai Field registered another superb effort to make it 18-18.

Then, it was left for Harry Smith to slot over the winning drop-goal with two minutes to go.

But, there was one moment in the first-half that raised a deal of controversy.

** As Jake Connor went to take a towering Wigan bomb, he appeared to raise his foot in the direction of Oliver Partington who was an onrushing chaser.

Sky Sports pundits and commentators were split on what they believed had happened with Jon Wells stating it was a ‘natural position.’

However, it attracted the ire of Partington and a number of the Warriors players.

Player ratings

Wigan Warriors

23 Jai Field – 9
3 Zak Hardaker – 7
13 John Bateman – 8
2 Jake Bibby – 7
5 Liam Marshall – 7
6 Cade Cust – 7
16 Harry Smith – 7
8 Brad Singleton – 8
9 Sam Powell – 8
20 Liam Byrne – 7
11 Willie Isa – 6
12 Liam Farrell – 8
14 Morgan Smithies – 7
Substitutes
1 Bevan French – 6
10 Patrick Mago – 6
17 Oliver Partington – 8
19 Ethan Havard – 8

Hull FC

1 Jake Connor – 8
2 Adam Swift – 7
25 Mitieli Vulikijapani – 8
4 Josh Griffin – 7
5 Darnell McIntosh – 6
14 Joe Lovodua – 9
7 Luke Gale – 8
8 Ligi Sao – 8
9 Danny Houghton – 7
10 Chris Satae – 7
11 Andre Savelio – 7
12 Manu Ma’u – 7
13 Jordan Lane – 7
Substitutes
17 Brad Fash – 8
20 Jack Brown – 7
21 Jordan Johnstone – 6
23 Connor Wynne – N/A

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/hull-fcs ... oss-51286/

**Check the link for the photos of Connor. The first photo was him complaining to the ref about Smiths drop goal. The second is the point in question! We did jump up near me & questioned why he was carded because of the raise studs!!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i wasnt able to attend the game but listened to pre match on 5live sports extra and then got the last 15 minutes of the game

pre match 2 good interviews with Matty Peet and Brett Hodgson. Brett Hodgson really good insight into where he felt Hull were and what they are trying to achieve in terms of consistency of performance, not fantastic one week and shocking the week after

In game commentary was very good, and the latter part both commentators said that a draw would be a fair result, which reading some of the posts on here makes me wonder what people were watching

Obviously Jai Field was exciting the commentators, and they also praised Ethan Havard very highly for his game.

Andrew Henderson on commentary in the last 10 minutes gave some really good insight into the game management aspect of controlling the ball and not trying to force the issue. The good sides usually win the games because they respect the ball in these situations. Jake Connor was trying to play the money ball at every chance, and he thinks he probably cost them the game by trying to force the issue
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again O’Connor a proper sh*thouse and overrated
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:13 pm I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again O’Connor a proper sh*thouse and overrated
Exactly this!

I also think he tried the big I am thinking Wane ‘will be here so I’ll show him what he’s missing by not selecting me for England’!!

I don’t think Waney is not selecting him for his playing skills but for the grub that he is & he knows it could possibly lose us international games!!