Team v Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Team v Saints

Post by Caboosegg »

John512 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:29 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:24 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:08 pm There must be some mistake, they can't announce the squad with only 2 changes but leave Zak out.

Really hope it is wrong, his kicking alone could be the difference.
That is a weird point to be at wanting Zak for his kicking game.
Did you watch the game last week? Kicked 6 from 6. Big loss imo
I did but 1 good match doesn't make him a reliable kicker. He's very average at it normally.

We will miss him in the centres more than his kicking.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:48 pm
John512 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:29 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:24 pm

That is a weird point to be at wanting Zak for his kicking game.
Did you watch the game last week? Kicked 6 from 6. Big loss imo
I did but 1 good match doesn't make him a reliable kicker. He's very average at it normally.

We will miss him in the centres more than his kicking.
problem is, hes average but still our best
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:48 pm I'd heard a rumour last night that he'd tested positive for COVID so this could explain the lack of injury news and sudden omission from the squad.
Heard the same, not too sure on the mandatory protocols now/how often they test, surely it would of been worth naming him in the squad in hope he tests negative tomorrow? no matter how slim of a chance
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:09 pm
Wigan_ITK wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:48 pm I'd heard a rumour last night that he'd tested positive for COVID so this could explain the lack of injury news and sudden omission from the squad.
Heard the same, not too sure on the mandatory protocols now/how often they test, surely it would of been worth naming him in the squad in hope he tests negative tomorrow? no matter how slim of a chance
Can't he play anyway now? I thought all government regs had been dropped? Mind you, it is possible to be actually ill enough not to be able to work for at least a few days with this, so he could be out due to illness rather than a test. Perhaps he should play and make sure he's very "breath-y" on the Saints pack.

But regardless of that, he played really well and the weekend and its a shame to lose him this week when we need our best team.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Based on the current guidance it’s not mandatory for any employee to self isolate but It’s employer discretion as to what they decide to do.

For example my employers state that if you test positive then you’re to not to return for 5 days. No negative test needed just 5 days away from office.

Based on government guidance I’m free to do whatever I wish in this time like go the game or the pub but I cant go to work due to my employers protocols.

Due to the way it could decimate the squad I’d imagine professional clubs may take a similar stance in terms of not returning to training until you’re all clear.
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Internal issue for Hardaker. Not Covid.

:? :?

https://twitter.com/aaronbower/status/1 ... MRCas7Lm5g

“Zak Hardaker has been dropped by Wigan for Good Friday. Matty Peet says he's 'dipped below our standards off the field' but he's back in contention next week. Peet insists the issue has been dealt with and Hardaker still very much part of Wigan's plans”
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:59 pm Internal issue for Hardaker. Not Covid.

:? :?

https://twitter.com/aaronbower/status/1 ... MRCas7Lm5g

“Zak Hardaker has been dropped by Wigan for Good Friday. Matty Peet says he's 'dipped below our standards off the field' but he's back in contention next week. Peet insists the issue has been dealt with and Hardaker still very much part of Wigan's plans”
Great to see this to be honest, regardless of how big and important the game is discipline and punishment is being maintained.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:09 pm
👀👀

Ps. Leopards don’t change their spots. Zachariah is unfortunately a donut. Let’s hope missing his recent half decent form in kicking doesn’t cost us.
Last edited by w.thomas on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Good lad matty…… if he aint following the rules then its a must
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Well that rumour been put to bed then
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE