Team v Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Team v Saints

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

We are not far off but far enough off to make the difference

For me the key difference is saints have proper players for each position - makinson on as much as I hate him he’s such a good winger - Hurrell and Percival are proper centres

Roby has shown his quality too when we had them in trouble those runs just unsettle the line he always makes at least 10 yards

We aren’t a million miles off them we just need a few more proper players and a few less Jack of all trade players
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Welski

Post by Welski »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:23 pm We are not far off but far enough off to make the difference

For me the key difference is saints have proper players for each position - makinson on as much as I hate him he’s such a good winger - Hurrell and Percival are proper centres

Roby has shown his quality too when we had them in trouble those runs just unsettle the line he always makes at least 10 yards

We aren’t a million miles off them we just need a few more proper players and a few less Jack of all trade players
Spot on
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Welski

Post by Welski »

Sell out at least!
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

And that miski is shite!
Should be no where near this team.
This is exactly why he didn’t make it in Oz.
Only numpties like us would give him a chance
pedro

Post by pedro »

Used a quota spot on that clown, he’s championship standard at best, carrying too many of these average players,
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Fair play to saints they deserve the win.
However I stand by they get away with most things the forward passes, the ball strip.

French was through the line when they stopped play for Singleton, queue a nothing set and then saints in at the other end.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Throw Tommy’s MCL injury into the mix (possibly 4-6 weeks) this is shaping up to be a “Bad Friday” :?
Wigan_forever1985

The score line for me doesn’t reflect the match but it does reflect the difference between a really good team and chasing pack

People who have been downplaying saints should make note how they just do everything slightly better than us and it adds up they have a higher tempo than any other team in the league and we could live with them for first 20 of each half but they are relentless and that’s what makes them the stand out team they just don’t drop their levels

We need some better players the idea of players who can play 3-4 position good - will help you navigate a season but it won’t help you win big games

We need wingers who are wingers and centres who are centres we need a new 9 and we won’t be far away
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:41 pm The score line for me doesn’t reflect the match but it does reflect the difference between a really good team and chasing pack

People who have been downplaying saints should make note how they just do everything slightly better than us and it adds up they have a higher tempo than any other team in the league and we could live with them for first 20 of each half but they are relentless and that’s what makes them the stand out team they just don’t drop their levels

We need some better players the idea of players who can play 3-4 position good - will help you navigate a season but it won’t help you win big games

We need wingers who are wingers and centres who are centres we need a new 9 and we won’t be far away
I agree with you on that part but with the amount of errors we’ve made it’s always gonna be an uphill battle
Wigan_forever1985

Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:47 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:41 pm The score line for me doesn’t reflect the match but it does reflect the difference between a really good team and chasing pack

I agree with you on that part but with the amount of errors we’ve made it’s always gonna be an uphill battle
But a lot of them are made because we are forcing things because saints are in our faces they are pressuring us

It’s exactly what we did to teams in madges first year - they are like their name a snake - they tighten the grip - they just stay at such a level that everytime you drop they twist the screw and then you become more and more desperate