v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

v Wakefield

Post by jobo »

Anyone at the match who can give any up dates?
Bobby-WRL

Re: v Wakefield

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Slow start from us and we let them in on our left edge.
Bevan French scored arguably our try of the season from deep and we have cruised since then. Very dominant .
jobo

Post by jobo »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:53 pm Slow start from us and we let them in on our left edge.
Bevan French scored arguably our try of the season from deep and we have cruised since then. Very dominant .
Beltin, ta.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Decent score line by the looks of it so nothing for myself and others to moan on about :D
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
jobo

Post by jobo »

Wormburner wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:42 pm Decent score line by the looks of it so nothing for myself and others to moan on about :D
Ask Medlocke, he's sure to find something 😄
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Great bounceback lads….. i had my doubts but glad weve just carried on regardless of the saints match…….shows character this…… well done harry mom pefrormance and 9 for 9 with the boot…… also bevan with a special
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wakefield utterly abysmal but can only beat what's in front of you.

Ellis had a strong return,Mago good as well but again tempered at how bad Wakefield where today still back on the winning horse which is always good.

I do worry that in the last few home games only 3 stands are being used is the DW too big for rugby league I wonder?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:08 pm Wakefield utterly abysmal but can only beat what's in front of you.

Ellis had a strong return,Mago good as well but again tempered at how bad Wakefield where today still back on the winning horse which is always good.

I do worry that in the last few home games only 3 stands are being used is the DW too big for rugby league I wonder?
All depends on how many away fans turn up, poor support from Wakefield considering it's an hour away.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Players enjoyed themselves today,good response from Friday and we scored some good tries.Does anyone know what the Wakefield lads sin binning was for,couldn't see from South stand.
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

The good thing about that game was I think all the players who really needed a big game and a good performance did just that, with probably one exception.

Smith was good in the halves, took the ball to the line well and had a hand in a few of our tries. Bigger tests will come his way though, as he had a similar performance last season against Leigh but couldn't be as consistent against bigger teams. This will be good for his confidence hopefully. He also kicked a couple of brilliant touchline conversions which led to him having 100% goalkicking success.

Our pack was completely dominant. Singleton was great going forward, as was Byrne who also bagged a try assist. Ellis played big minutes and you could tell he was up for it as some of his kick off returns were huge. Mago also did well and got more minutes than usual.

Miski was really strong with his carries from our own half and looked much more threatening with ball in hand. He worked well with Halsall on our right edge. Halsall himself had a very strong game and must surely be putting some pressure on Bibby (who I thought was at fault for the first try and didn't really make himself noticeable). French only played one half but scored a sensational try which will hopefully give him more confidence as he gets up to full fitness.

If I have to find one thing to complain about it would be Matt Peet trolling those of us in the Joe Shorrocks fan club by bringing him on at centre with 20 minutes to go - a decision that pretty much immediately led to us conceding a long range try.

Overall I think you can't read too much into this game, we should just be grateful seeing the players enjoy themselves and put plenty of points on the board.