Team for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Team for Salford

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:32 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:08 pm
Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:46 pm Tommy back sooner than we think thankfully
Are you sure? He has not had a scan yet.
Reasonable source. Employee at the club.
They said they were hopeful for earlier than the cup semi.
Ok thanks. Just to let you know, he is hobbling and in a knee brace.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:46 pm Tommy back sooner than we think thankfully
Why thankfully?, sounds like we have just played at our best and have had our biggest win without him, Let Cust and Smith form a partnership and bring in O'Neill, these players are our future so let them have some decent time on the pitch, Tommy can always come off the bench when he's fit :D
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:07 am
Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:32 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:08 pm

Are you sure? He has not had a scan yet.
Reasonable source. Employee at the club.
They said they were hopeful for earlier than the cup semi.
Ok thanks. Just to let you know, he is hobbling and in a knee brace.

Hopefully they know something we don’t .

I asked the person what the news on Tommy was and was told something along the lines of they are hopeful for Salford.

A good source (high level at the club for years) but if it doesn’t come true they mustn’t be as in the know on the rugby side of things as I’d have thought.
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

medlocke wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:56 pm
Why thankfully?, sounds like we have just played at our best and have had our biggest win without him, Let Cust and Smith form a partnership and bring in O'Neill, these players are our future so let them have some decent time on the pitch, Tommy can always come off the bench when he's fit :D

I feel like we will need his leadership for the Semi.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Tommy’s form makes him a certainty to slot back in when he is fit.
I think he would be really useful for us in the semi, as he is a man you want beside you in the trenches.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:41 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:56 pm

I feel like we will need his leadership for the Semi.
I didn't realise the semi was that close, Fair enough then, If Powell still out then maybe he can go to 9 for the game, specially if Cust and Smith are gelling nicely :D
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:05 pm
Hopefully they know something we don’t .

I asked the person what the news on Tommy was and was told something along the lines of they are hopeful for Salford.

A good source (high level at the club for years) but if it doesn’t come true they mustn’t be as in the know on the rugby side of things as I’d have thought.
Maybe you might want to check your sources. Tommy faces MONTHS out with a high grade MCL tear :shock:

https://t.co/XvHbBFMPzp
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Yes, very disappointing. The news and the source.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:27 pm Yes, very disappointing. The news and the source.
You can’t always be right 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan