Powell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Powell

Post by josie andrews »

A meeting of the Operational Rules Tribunal has found Sam Powell guilty of a Grade E offence of Dangerous Contact in the Betred Super League fixture at St Helens on Good Friday.

Powell has been suspended for six matches and fined £500.

https://twitter.com/wiganwarriorsrl/sta ... 04137?s=12
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Re: Powell

Post by southportcdm »

Fair enough. Let's hope that O'Neill can make the most of his opportunity now.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

southportcdm wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:24 pm Fair enough. Let's hope that O'Neill can make the most of his opportunity now.
Agreed, he needs to grasp the nettle with both hands and make the position his own
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Should have been red carded on the day as well 6 games he's lucky I was thinking the full 8 to be honest
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I think that shorrocks will play hooker
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:55 pm I think that shorrocks will play hooker
Absolutely will and it will be the most ridiculous move ever - it’s almost that comical you think they are desperate not to give Powell genuine competition
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Shaun Wane Legend

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

Should please the multitude of Powell haters on here. I prefer to stand by a Wigan player who gives his all every game. Look forward to seeing you back Sam Powell.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I’m a big fan of Shorrocks but not as a hooker, Wigan lost a promising 9 last year(Bourrough) who left for more game time and could lose O’Neill eventually if they keep putting round pegs in square holes
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

cherry toffee wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:21 pm I’m a big fan of Shorrocks but not as a hooker, Wigan lost a promising 9 last year(Bourrough) who left for more game time and could lose O’Neill eventually if they keep putting round pegs in square holes
Is Amir getting more game time?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

cherry toffee wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:21 pm I’m a big fan of Shorrocks but not as a hooker, Wigan lost a promising 9 last year(Bourrough) who left for more game time and could lose O’Neill eventually if they keep putting round pegs in square holes
Has he even made his debut yet for Salford?