Zak Hardaker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by medlocke »

Good riddance to a wrong un, Would be proper funny if he ends up in the championship :D
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:56 pm Has anyone actually heard any rumours or know where in Yorkshire he is off to?
Leeds
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Looking on a Leeds Rhinos forum, they are stating we have sacked Zak, have we sacked him or is it more of a mutual consent thing?

Doesn't seem like many Rhinos fans are keen on him and equally consider him a risk/liability! Could well be Fev under Brian Mac!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:49 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:21 pm
PorterjohLam wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:04 pm

Disruptive off the field, average on it. Signed worse players ability wise but in terms of culture a dreadful signing. Should never have been signed.
Any evidence to back up he has been disruptive off the field? because as far as i know he's not been in any bother since playing for Wigan and seemed well liked. He is also better than average highlighte by the fact hes been playing out of position and still turning in decent performances

My guess is this playing up now was simply to force wigans hand with the added guess something is lined up for him. Wrong way to go about things yes but from the outside Hastings looked far more disruptive than Zak and no one seemed to dislike him
Tend to agree done this to force Wigan's hand. I also think Leeds have played a major part in this cohersing him as they want him now. I stuck up for him in past but the way he has worked this is low and shows total disrespect for a club that took him out of gutter and rebuilt his career the one thing that it shows that both him and the Leeds club have no moral compass on the way a rl club should act.
That’s a fair comment. I have had plenty of goes at the management of the club but on this occasion they have done the right thing and acted decisively. If any of us continually turned up late for work, which allegedly has happened, then we would expect the same treatment.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Regarding the commuting, he told me he was living in Wigan during the week & going back to his missus & child after the game on whichever day it was played for the weekend.

If he’s moaning about not seeing his family everyday he needs to have a bloody good look at the overseas players & ask them how they cope?

There is the technology for him to “FaceTime” or whatever it is, during the day or night, okay it’s not the same as physically being there but bloodyhell it’s not forever!

Maybe if he hadn’t give Sam Tomkins a head butt they wouldn’t have been thrown out of Joel Tomkin’s house
& maybe would have been given an opportunity to find other suitable accommodation.

I’m fuming here! It’s only up the blasted M62 for God’s sake he’s not travelling the length of the country or having to travel abroad on a daily basis.

Trouble is, he’s under’t thumb!

She laid the law down as soon as she had the baby that she wanted to move back to Yorkshire to be closer to family, fair enough. But it was just as easy for her family to travel to her daily if that was what was needed while still living here for the remainder of his contract. That’s my opinion anyway!

And in reply to.. forgot who posted it now about Wigan NOT saving his career, they did just that because no other club would touch him.

He was toxic & even sh*t on Wigan just before he was due to start by going on a drunken drive without insurance!

After all the help & sending him to the Priory or wherever it was to help sort his addiction & destructive nature he has a lot of payback to Wigan.

I’m sorry it has ended this way but no player is bigger that the club.

That’s my rant on the subject. So don’t any one bother to pull it to pieces or whatever. Thank you
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:21 pm

Any evidence to back up he has been disruptive off the field? because as far as i know he's not been in any bother since playing for Wigan and seemed well liked. He is also better than average highlighte by the fact hes been playing out of position and still turning in decent performances

My guess is this playing up now was simply to force wigans hand with the added guess something is lined up for him. Wrong way to go about things yes but from the outside Hastings looked far more disruptive than Zak and no one seemed to dislike him
I didn’t like him! He only came to us to heighten his chance of getting back to the NRL

He was arrogant & wasn’t enamoured with the Wigan club or fans as he was with the Salford club & fans, without who, his career would still be pants!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

It was me who said about him not owing the club anything special and i stand by it my reasons are this

Wigan didnt "save" Zak on some humanitarian basis or noble quest - Wigan saw an opportunity to get a man of steel quality player cheaper because he was coming with baggage and lots of it. Now at that point Wigan know what they are getting and why they are getting it and the slate is wiped clean. Wigan may have done a lot to help Zak and thats commendable but all Zak owes wigan is to uphold his contract as a player and give his all for the club - same as any other player IMO

Now you could argue that he hasnt done that at the end but hes had 61 appearances for us and been 7/10 player or above every week IMO

I know plenty will disagree with that but at the end of the day Wigan took an opportunity they've done pretty well out of it IMO for me the biggest failing on both parties is no sorting this naturally at the end of last season
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

In his first interview on Wigan TV when Matt Peet first got the job he categorically stated that the club only wanted players who would give 100% commitment to the club. He said that they had already looked at players to sign but realised they would not fit into the new culture as they had issues off the field. He has stuck to his word what ever happened with Zak to release him as he would not be a part of the club.
Whatever we think of Matt as a coach for me he is doing the right thing albeit we will be a player short .
I know from other forums Matt is getting a lot of respect from other supporters apart from Wigan on the way he conducts himself in the media .
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

On worst signings, who was the lad who signed from a Cumbrian club and then announced that he couldn't play on Sundays due to his Christian beliefs.?
He was a South Sea islander I think..
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

interesting post from red vee

Wigan releasing a statement slagging him off after they slagged off Leeds and Cas for not helping Hardaker when they signed him is comedy gold.
He won’t be the last , Bevan French don’t want to be at that Shi……. Hole either