Replacement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Replacement

Post by pedro »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:47 pm Id rather have Sarginson back over Gelling, can we please sign a centre that wont bring the old bill with them!
hes out fore the season
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

pedro wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:56 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:47 pm Id rather have Sarginson back over Gelling, can we please sign a centre that wont bring the old bill with them!
hes out fore the season
Il slum it on Mark Percival then! :lol:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I'd just like the club to give game time to Halsall. Although he's 19 there's a lot of experience around him. Hopefully Thornley will get a run of games.
A back line of Field, French, Halsall, Thornley, Marshall, Cust and Smith surely is something we've got to give game time to.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:02 pm I'd just like the club to give game time to Halsall. Although he's 19 there's a lot of experience around him. Hopefully Thornley will get a run of games.
A back line of Field, French, Halsall, Thornley, Marshall, Cust and Smith surely is something we've got to give game time to.
I'd agree with the above, my only question mark is with Smith being the 7 we rely on for 28 games a season, if I could change anything, I'd keep Smith who's still developing and love maybe a 7 like Theo Fages, whos been around the block and had success.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:02 pm I'd just like the club to give game time to Halsall. Although he's 19 there's a lot of experience around him. Hopefully Thornley will get a run of games.
Good shout Ted 😊 I like Halsall & think given a run of games will prove to be an excellent centre 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:10 pm
I'd agree with the above, my only question mark is with Smith being the 7 we rely on for 28 games a season, if I could change anything, I'd keep Smith who's still developing and love maybe a 7 like Theo Fages, whos been around the block and had success.
Why, he’s got to get experience & he won’t get it with your suggestion. He played a lot of games last season with too much pressure on him but then again he was playing with Hastings & wasn’t getting much advice from him!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:09 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:25 pm Jimmy Keinhorst?
You joking?

What’s he ever done?

You moan about players like Powell and Thornley but suggest Keinhorst who wasn’t good enough for a poor Leeds side ?
Where have I moaned about Thornley, that's DaveO's job

as for Keinhorst, I had a look through squad lists and Keinhorst stuck out due to him being loaned out in 2020 and 2021, IF Hull KR where willing to loan him out then I could see them letting him go for a fee, personally I'd rather have somebody better but unless a quota spot can be freed up then it's a bargain basement signing again, if in fact we do bother signing a player
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:18 pm Medlocke criticises every Wigan player under the sun and a sentence later suggests players like Dwyer, Briscoe and Keinhorst.

Beginning to wonder if he even watches rugby on tv.
When have I criticised
Jai Field
Liam Marshall
Cade Cust
Patrick Mago
Big Willie
Liam Farrell
Kaide Ellis
Ethan Havard
Liam Byrne
Joe Shorrocks

To name many
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Brennox7 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:51 pm I'm not sure if he got sacked or it was just a release. If both parties settled then surely he won't be on our cap anymore? I think he's still on the same deal he signed initially so I doubt he was on massive money as we brought him from the wilderness so hardly think he was on a fortune..
He was on very good money.
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

w.thomas wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:26 pm Not a chance this season. I’d like us to get a big strong centre who can pass and kick conversions….so I’m not asking for much 😏

We had one but Lam messed him about big time!!

Just saying