george williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: george williams

Post by fozzieskem »

bertina wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:07 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:25 am Just watched BBC's Super League show and Williams was in the squad v Hull but didn't make their 17.
Said it many times on this forum before, and I’ll say it again, he’s the most overrated player for years. Grubber kick or nothing.
I never thought he was the world beater some said he was and then he went to Australia and his form did Improve without doubt so no world beater nor a duffer somewhere in between I suppose
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I’m sure his payslip will cheer him up. I wouldn’t say we dodged a bullet with him because he is a good player but Cust, on what I guess is less than half Williams salary, is doing just fine and is looking more and more comfortable as the weeks go by.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Looks like the new Warrington pairing has paid dividends so may be hard to re- gain his place in the team as the coach was saying how excited he was with the new halfback pairing . Just possible the other team members were unhappy with the wages George was getting, its happened before.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Was a rumbling when he signed that it pushed a few noses out of joint such a big disparity. I even seem to remember being told the leadership group here wasn't keen on us bidding further for similar reasons. Likes been said it's happened before.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Looked lost last night, think I only seen him run the ball in once.
At least he’s getting paid well, think the wolves fans will feel hard done to😆
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

lucky 13 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:20 pm Was a rumbling when he signed that it pushed a few noses out of joint such a big disparity. I even seem to remember being told the leadership group here wasn't keen on us bidding further for similar reasons. Likes been said it's happened before.
I don’t like this “marquee” player. I don’t think any player, and I don’t care who it is, the wages should be on a scale with bonuses. Why should one player get two or three thirds more than another player of the same calibre & quality?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

he getting some stick tonite on the wire forum lots of swear words to
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Josie mentioned on another thread about how she told KPP it wasn’t always about the money, well if he needed any further proof I hope he was watching George tonight
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I think some periods of time things are just right at a club .....with players, environment and coaching staff just the best place to be at that certain era.
I also think the players who want to be there at those times add to that, they want to play for the right reasons. We may be heading to that place now. The word seems to get around and it's pretty obvious from just watching that a side gets momentum. It's up to the players there now do they want to be part of that or move for the extras in the pay packet. We are maybe a few right retentions, releases and signings away from another era at the club I really get that feel. Not there yet but we are near.
In hindsight Williams not signing may be a blessing. He's not a bad player but he's still not taken the next step and looks like he's carrying the full weight of that top pay packet around with him. You want the most expensive wage to change games and while he's in a struggling team he looks the one struggling most.
The set up looks to be a good one and I do feel that players faced with a choice may just choose us that's a massive rap for Matty and the clubs staff.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Something is wrong at Wire, I nearly said sadly but then I corrected myself😂. Some Wire fans thought they were still in with a chance of winning the GF, they have more chance of getting relegated. They were a shambles tonight.